What's new

Games Running very slow--> Need Help for config hints and tips

Freddy_T

Hi all,

I've downloaded Dolphin 1.03 for Win32 and I have some images for games.
The software is configured and it runs. However the display is very slow. (max 10 fps)
What would be the cause of the problems?
Is my PC strong enough to handle this emulator?
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ 2.21GHz 2 GB RAM
ASUS GeForce 7900GT 256 MB
I have dual display so video driver runs in Dualview mode.

I've the latest video & sound drivers as well for Windows.

Thanks for you help and tips.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Like it was hinted above, unless you have a 64-bit operating system and you use the new Dolphin build with dual core and 64-bit optimizations, that's the speed you will see in most games.

Welcome to GameCube emulation.

OP
F

Freddy_T

Ok then,

So how do people used to play games with the emulator before the 64-Bit version?

Was the software playable in Win32?

Thanks for the enlightment.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You don't really play them at all (unless you consider 5-10 fps to be playable). Emulators aren't for playing games, emulation is for preserving hardware.

Granted, most people use emulators for playing games, but the emulator's ability to play games is simply a side effect of accurate or somewhat accurate emulation of the hardware; it is not the true reason why people code emulators.

Yes, all Dolphin version prior to the new 64-bit version work under regular 32-bit Windows (if that's what you meant by Win32)

Xivie

Freddy_T, read this :)
Your WIN-32 version of Dolphin is crap and not playable, only 5-10 FPS. If you want at least something playable with 25+ FPS then you should try the 64-Bit version of Dolphin.

However, you must have a 64-bit version installed to use it.

Here's my result of Naruto GNT 4 on Dolphin 64-Bit
Menus: 78 FPS
In-Game: 20-30 FPS

People say they get 50+ FPS with other games.