What's new

No$gba 2.5b released

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Well, Alot of games i know will suffer the issue, but just because you asked, the two games i demoed are:

Puyo Puyo Fever - The "Press Start" string does not appear in the intro screen, The main menu is missing the people and descriptions (On the top screen in the main menu they are supposed to appear.)
Puyo Puyo 15th anniversery edition or something also seems to have issues, though it runs smoother than iDeaS did.

I should really try more, but i just got those on this PC because i needed them on my SuperCard (As with the rest of my rom collections, most of the roms are still with-held on my old PC.)

Oh, And Puyo Puyo Fever 2 definitally has an issue but i can't get past the intro backdrop (no graphics besides it and the Sega logo appear) so i can't tell if its freezing, error message, or just missing alot of sprites on the intro

Last edited:

smcd

Well, When i tried this emulator for the first time in a while a week ago the first 2 roms i loaded failed to start with a data read problem (Both, ironically, Puyo Puyo games, because they are one of the few i have and enjoy on my PC) BUT switching to EEPROM 64k fixes all of my data issues.

I made a crappy rom loader for no$gba handling most games so you don't have to worry about the save type :p (see DS emulation forum)

spotanjo3

Hey, guess what ? The developer of no$gba is going to fix the transparency in the next version. Finally because he found a 3-D engine for his computer and he is look into it. Thanks to Dualscreenman for the news! :D

gadi800

Hey, guess what ? The developer of no$gba is going to fix the transparency in the next version. Finally because he found a 3-D engine for his computer and he is look into it. Thanks to Dualscreenman for the news! :D

that's VERY nice :D:D, however I'm confused wether Subarashiki Kono Sekai's issue will be fixed X_X, I mean it's all black, and it's 2D (if I'm correct) so I'm not even sure if the 3D Engine will help.

spotanjo3

that's VERY nice :D:D, however I'm confused wether Subarashiki Kono Sekai's issue will be fixed X_X, I mean it's all black, and it's 2D (if I'm correct) so I'm not even sure if the 3D Engine will help.

Yeah, I saw the screenshot. It is some of transparency and some thing else. It will be fix but dont know if next version will be fix. Please be patient and it will in time. He is amazing and it's his hobby. :) :)

Last edited:

Terranigma

I can't help you with the microphone because you need to make sure the sound is on because mine is normal and it worked fine. You can do the trick called audacity, try it.

No wait... you mean I actually have to plug a microphone up to the PC and blow on it?

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Short answer: For your sanity, if you've never used audacity, you should just get a mic.

Long answer: There may be ways to trick it into thinking a loud noise is coming from the audio input, but i don't know off the top of my head.

gadi800

Yeah, I saw the screenshot. It is some of transparency and some thing else. It will be fix but dont know if next version will be fix. Please be patient and it will in time. He is amazing and it's his hobby. :) :)

what are you talking bout? I'm always patient :p, well if that's transparency then I'm relieved, atleast now I know that it's a problem that can be fixed ;S

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Well, If what he got was a "3D Accelerator" and not a "3D Engine" (which makes no sense in this context) then he will probably be able to solve alot more problems than without one.

I wonder if it would help him solve the problem with images that don't show up.

spotanjo3

Well, If what he got was a "3D Accelerator" and not a "3D Engine" (which makes no sense in this context) then he will probably be able to solve alot more problems than without one.

I wonder if it would help him solve the problem with images that don't show up.

Whatever.

he will because he is an excellent programmer and it is his hobby. He had been around this emulator since July 2001. He do not gave this emulator up like some programmers because he told me that it is his favorite hobby and yes we email each others sometimes, not always because he is busy with this emulator and he has something up his sleeve for next release. :)

I am going to report some more bugs to him that I always do. :)

gadi800,

not just transparency but some else too I am not sure maybe 2-D issues as well. It will get better. :)

gadi800

Whatever.
gadi800,

not just transparency but some else too I am not sure maybe 2-D issues as well. It will get better. :)

well atleast I know that it can be fixed X_X, I hope that the emulator will be complete before Kingdom hearts: 358/2 days comes out, I wouldn't want to buy the game and dump it out only to find out that the emulator isn't able to play it (yeah I buy games to dump it out, my sister's lik saying how I can't play games while talking on msn messenger X_X)

ALIMAMÁNHAVADAÊ

ALIMAMÁNHAVADAÊÊÊÊ!!!!!!!
The developer of no$gba is going to fix the transparency in the next version. Finally because he found a 3-D engine for his computer and he is look into it.
GREAT NEWS!
The emulator is getting increasingly complete and lighter!
The only bugs that I have found in no$gba were:
- With tranparencies. This in any games (like Advance Wars - Dual Strike, New Super Mario Bros and any others);
- With sound, where the sound sometimes stands crapped, liberating many noise;
- With 3D characters. In any games they don't appear (like in Resident Evil - Deadly Silence);
- With regulation of speed in ambients where there are many use of graphics, whether in 2D engines, whether in 3D engines. Are ambients where there are a significant accumulation of processes. In this version (2.5b), to solve this problem, Martin implemented the frame skip calculation for these specifics parts in heavy NDS games. But he don't calculate correct the regulation of frames, doing the emulator runs more FASTER or SLOWER than normal in these heavy parts! I think that in the next version, Martin will solve this leaving the emulator with a more real speed seems the real hardware of NDS.

Hopefully!

gadi800

GREAT NEWS!
The emulator is getting increasingly complete and lighter!
The only bugs that I have found in no$gba were:
- With tranparencies. This in any games (like Advance Wars - Dual Strike, New Super Mario Bros and any others);
- With sound, where the sound sometimes stands crapped, liberating many noise;
- With 3D characters. In any games they don't appear (like in Resident Evil - Deadly Silence);
- With regulation of speed in ambients where there are many use of graphics, whether in 2D engines, whether in 3D engines. Are ambients where there are a significant accumulation of processes. In this version (2.5b), to solve this problem, Martin implemented the frame skip calculation for these specifics parts in heavy NDS games. But he don't calculate correct the regulation of frames, doing the emulator runs more FASTER or SLOWER than normal in these heavy parts! I think that in the next version, Martin will solve this leaving the emulator with a more real speed seems the real hardware of NDS.

Hopefully!

wow that's some awesome news XD, hopefully subarashiki will work on this version, sounds lik Megaman Star Force is playable in this one too ;D

Last edited:

j3bus

jebus
hey guys i found something weird in the simpsons game, when i past the level at the museum the game crashes and i dont know why? well the emu isnt finish so i cant ask for perfection, but if anyone could just report it to the creator of no$gba would be great!!!

spotanjo3

hey guys i found something weird in the simpsons game, when i past the level at the museum the game crashes and i dont know why? well the emu isnt finish so i cant ask for perfection, but if anyone could just report it to the creator of no$gba would be great!!!

No, he know. The next version will be better and maybe it wont crash in the next version. Be patient. :)

gadi800

try it again, or just use version 2.5, I was at 53% finished using 2.5

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
This emulator has never ceased to amaze me. It was never really the best GBA emulator for PLAYING the games, compatibility wise, but as a DS emulator, it really takes the cake...

Someone!

Hullo!
With this change:
"Emulation Speed, LCD Refresh" to "16.78 MHz Realtime, Auto"
I can play:

Dementium: The Ward
The game runs pretty good.
There's no darkness, so everything is bright and flashlight is kinda useless.
After you type the code in the keypad and press enter it crashes.

Touch the Dead
Playable.
But, I dislike this game.

American Dragon: Jake Long
No 3D Ingame, but the FMV in the beggining seems to work.

Garfield's Nightmare
Developer logo appears, black, crashes.

Lego Star Wars 2
Works flawlessly.
Well, not counting the engine bugs, already there in the DS ;)

Nintendogs: Best Friends
Works but the frameskip is kinda heavy.

Super Mario 64 DS
Minor graphical errors on intro, ingame is awesome, still kinda frameskipish.
No shadows.
Big improvement from the flickering of old versions.

Starfox Command
2D are slow. Ingame works but it became black after 4 secs.

New Super Mario Bros.
Works, but with transparent characters.

Last edited: