What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Djipi's Celda [English Fixes Included]

Maxell

I switched Rice video to GlideHQ and it's working MUCH smoother. :drool:

Pause menu is also working perfectly with Glide.

And I thought Rice was only Hi-res capable plugin...:smurf:

WWLink

Hero of Winds
I switched Rice video to GlideHQ and it's working MUCH smoother. :drool:

Pause menu is also working perfectly with Glide.

And I thought Rice was only Hi-res capable plugin...:smurf:

Nope, three plugins can use hires textures. Rice's, GlideHQ, and Mudlord's. Mudlord's is far more stable than Rice's. You also need Mudlord's to play some texture packs because they use 16x and 8x textures. GlideHQ is the stablelest, but with the least features. I personally go with Mudlord's. He has implemented cell shading, you know. :drool: (but not in a public build :()

etking

If you would just remove the thumbs.db thumblail files from the archive and use latest winrar with options "solid archive" and "best compression level" enabled, the complete celda file would be only 85MB in size!

death-droid

A picture says more than a thousand words. :whistling

c9mbhfv28fvi6pfk15qk.png

965m3lwc7wdk1fpowcpl.png

wgxqw9u5ucbobr6eiap1.png

http://www.freewebs.com/jantarctica/texturepacks.htm#TP

I was looking every where for this thanks:king: :pj64:

ctatumt

Hey I thought this would be a nice addition to your pack! Its the letters for the main menu. I was getting annoyed of just the "t" being retextured so here's a little pack to fix that. OH by the way its for the (U) version roms. Oh also whats your guys or girls.. suggestion for hosting files? The one I used is kinda crappy. Thanks and enjoy!

Here's a screen!
lettersby8.png

Here's the download link!
http://w15.easy-share.com/14558021.html

IBBIAZ

This is indeed the full pack?

I just started playing using this pack, and it looks like there are some places that aren't textured, like inside the Kokiri houses. Anyone maybe know what's going on?

ctatumt

Yeah it happens to everyone! I guess it just in the coding of rice's plugin. You can dump those textures but when you redo them they wont load:( I'm sure someone else can give you a more in depth reason but thats the general problem.

IBBIAZ

Well, I've tried with GlideHQ, as well, but to no avail. With GlideHQ, for some reason, I feel like the characters aren't as sharp as Rice. (I'm using Rice 6.1.4, and having the Equip screen glitch and the N64 textures on set-camera rooms)

Here's a screen of what I mean... (taken with GlideHQ)
ss01.jpg

And something else funny that I noticed... I only get this Ocarina logo with GlideHQ.
ss00.jpg

Mollymutt

I don't know why, but Djipi never did the inside of the buildings. Some textures, like the overhead view inside houses won't load in Rice's.

IBBIAZ

Oh, is that what it is? Just a lack of the actual backgrounds for set-camera rooms? I guess it makes some sense because they're actual rendered backgrounds as opposed to textured shapes.

Are there any packs that let you replace the backgrounds with higher res/cel shaded ones?

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
I don't do background because rice plugin don't load them , but if a plug load them so i redo them ^^

ctatumt

Hey Djipi i was wondering where you got your font for some of the sub screen menu stuff. I've been wanting to make the names of the items, songs and locations that got left out of your wonderful pack (well at least in English they did). Here's an example of what I'm talking about.
thelegendofzelda3d8d901wl4.jpg

Thanks in advance and hopefully we can get this pack even closer to perfection!:drool:

merrell

I made two videos to show that lag issue.
First is from the intro and the second one is from outside the castle.

VIDEO 1
VIDEO 2

I get steady 60fps all the time except those little lags. Even when I enable AA and AF it does not effect the fps at all (8xAA, 16xAF), still 60.

If you are using Jabo's DirectSound, then try toggling the "Sync game to audio" option. Changing it can make the game work like it was on a real N64, or it could make the lag considerably worse. If the latter happens, switch it back.

IBBIAZ

I don't do background because rice plugin don't load them , but if a plug load them so i redo them ^^

Oh, is that why? I don't know much about this stuff.

But if Mudlord's will load them, and you're up for redoing those rooms, I'll support the idea!
(I mean support in the emotional sense. Not help out, since I'm terrible at anything graphics)