What's new

NO$GBA lag

FlotsamX

I know it's completly natural for this emulator to lag, but I've heard of people gettng 70% efficiancy in PH on NO$GBA 2.5. Mine runs anywhere from 20 to 50% on the intro cutscene, then freezes. Do they speed the emulator up by external means, or do I just not meet minimum requirements? Could someone post the minimum requirements?

If it helps, I can run P64 without any problems at all.

900MB RAM
NVidia GEforce
Athlon AMD Dual-core processor 2.10 GHZ

I hope I wrote that down right...

spotanjo3

I know it's completly natural for this emulator to lag, but I've heard of people gettng 70% efficiancy in PH on NO$GBA 2.5. Mine runs anywhere from 20 to 50% on the intro cutscene, then freezes. Do they speed the emulator up by external means, or do I just not meet minimum requirements? Could someone post the minimum requirements?

If it helps, I can run P64 without any problems at all.

900MB RAM
NVidia GEforce
Athlon AMD Dual-core processor 2.10 GHZ

I hope I wrote that down right...

No, you can't. Please wait for the next version or buy NDS Lite. I dont post any threads why I got too slow or whatsoever. I accept it because I know it is still in development.

It have nothing to do with minimum requirements at all! For n64 emulator, yes but for nds emulator... No... no minimum requirements yet.

Go to no$gba's options and change to emulation speed to Unlimited 50% or 10% and it still will not do much so be patient.

OP
F

FlotsamX

I'm just saying: why is everyone else getting faster speeds than I am? That seems suspicious.

spotanjo3

I'm just saying: why is everyone else getting faster speeds than I am? That seems suspicious.

Did you see their screenshots ? I do not think so. Maybe they are lying because it is not getting faster at all. If it does then nobody will asked this too many questions in here, did they ? :)

spotanjo3

This is no$gba thread. You are tell them to support ideas. We are support both and this is about no$gba problems.. Not to tell them to use other one, ok ? Use other thread. :)

Anyway, mine didnt lag at all for no$gba. I use ideas and no$gba and NeonDS as well.

Last edited:

BCage

No.

I'm not bashing No$GBA here, I think it's a great program. But there is no further support to be given. Your solution to this problem is to be patient and accept the fact that it's slow. The guy has the same system as I do and there is no way to get No$GBA working smoothly on our system. So I suggested the only possible solution:

Use another emulator.

spotanjo3

Try go to no$gba's options and there is emulation speedup and change it to 10% or 50% and it can run smoothly depend on your computer. Try it. :) If not then please wait for the next version or so to improvement of course.

cdogg3

Yeah I find iDeaS1909 to run smoother at full speed for me for some reason. I've tried using the 10% and 50% in no$GBA but all it does for me is make it smoother, but way slower.

Maybe I need new BIOS or something?

Last edited:

spotanjo3

No, the speed is the issues in this emulator and you have to wait for the developer to increase it in the next version or so.:)

Speyeker

I know it doesn't make a lot of sense that emulators have been developed that can run just about any N64 game or any PSX game at full speed while the same cannot be said about DS games (which have roughly the same caliber as games from the aforementioned systems), but unfortunately this IS the case, and it's just a fact of life that we have to accept for now.

We've all taken for granted that we can play just about any previous-gen system we want at full speed with no issues whatsoever. DS emulation will eventually follow suit, but right now, what it comes down to is that different emulators play different games with differing performance levels.

The game you just listed, Phantom Hourglass, is relatively new and uses 3D elements, and so it's not too surprising that it can't be run by any emulator at full speed yet. But of course, there ARE games out there for the DS that can be played at (relative) full speed and full capacity on at least one emulator out there. The list of these games, as well as the performance levels, changes all the time--basically, whenever a new version of an emulator (or a new emulator altogether) comes out.

So, do what I do: Every single day I check back to these forums to see if there's an announcement that a new version of an emulator (or a new emulator altogether) has just been released. I actually find this waiting process to be kind of fun; basically, to see technology in the making, and to see these programs that will enrich people's lives being refined over and over again. Like I said, it's technology in the making, and it definitely helps that I find programming fun and interesting in the first place. Of course, I have a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go before I'm even close to the level of the people who develop these emulators, but hopefully, one day, I'll get there, and maybe by that time I'll be helping to create--as a personal project, separate from my actual career (which will also be programming-related)--emulators.

Last edited:
OP
F

FlotsamX

Well, yes... in a sense, waiting is half the fun. I was ecstatic when I heard 2.5b was released. Frame-skipping has it's issues, but it gets the job done until more permanent solutions can be put into place. ^.^