What's new

How bad is audio in 1964?

Rice

Emulator Developer
If using Azimer's latest plugin, how bad is audio is current 1964? by comparing to PJ64.

I have found some reasons, the one major reason is that audio does not get so higher priority in 1964 as it is in PJ64 and Apollo. That is easy to make change.

I feel audio is still not bad in current 1964, probably it does not work as good on your PC as it is working on mine. And 1964's audio problem is game specific, isn't it?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, Rice, yes it is specific to certain games. In megaman64, I couln't get any good sound at all with 1964 using azimer's beta 2 sound, even though I disable "DMA in Segments".

sk8bloke22

roll for life
well its good in general. it depends on the game and the audio and the system specs really. so its a bit of a vague question. with the latest plugin, i experience crackly/scratching sounds, sometimes even when the game is running full speed, eg. in airboarder64. in comparison to pj64, pj64 is a bit less crackly at times using azimar's plugin, but not be a big extent. however i usually use jabos sound plugin which is just amazing quality.

B

Blade64

Yes I fell1964 has Great audio. But on a couple of games, for me - Goldeneye,Mario Tennis and Fighters Destiny. It also seems to blip occasionally during gameplay? and PJ does not.

crhylove

Banned
now wait just a second....

don't kill me, you know i usually have the whole front of my head buried deeply in rice or schibo's rectum, but i have to say honestly:

audio BLOWS in 1964.

there are very few games that i can get accurate sound out of, and even in those, there are occasional blips, stuttering, etc. i also notice that audio massively slows down the gfx and stuff, depending on configuration.

azimer's .4 especially seems to hog more of the cpu, although it does provide (overall) better sound (than azi .3). i have the geforce 2 400 mx, athlon 950, and 256mb, so i know it's not my specs.

the rest of 1964 is awesome, though, and i would say vastly superior to any other emu (gfx, speed, options). especially it's configurability, etc. the 32 bit core is GREAT for many games.

you guys are heros!

but the audio, well... :(

it's just not there yet.

rhy

/me wishes more of the plugins were open source.

Tesla-Guy

Dunno i had never had any audio glitches except in conker' s bad fur day, when Great Mighty Poo rises from the shite, the earthquake hearts my ears, but the same pain in the arse, err in the ears i meant :p is when the chameleon in nvidia's Chameleon Demo for GeForce3 changes skin

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
eww...

crhylove said:
don't kill me, you know i usually have the whole front of my head buried deeply in rice or schibo's rectum, but i have to say honestly:

:cry:
Biology class was not meant to be used this way.

Eddy

I Run This
Rice, the audio crackles alot, and get out of sync. Even with the buffer set all the way.