What's new

Forum Cleanup

OP
Danny

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
No one has a really good argument why these forums SHOULD be removed or hidden either! ;)

Im not trying to be smart, but did you even read any of the posts before this?

There a several great reasons listed. Open your eyes dude!

TRS

No need to get frustrated just because you can't convince me to remove the forums (there's even no need to convince me because I have no say whatsoever if these forums will be removed or not). Same goes vice versa because I won't convince you to not remove these forums.

I'm not sure if I am the one not reading the other posts. For all reasons posted to remove the "empty" forums, others have posted reasons not to remove them. You don't seem to agree with them witch is ok, but that's no reason to ignore them!

Having said that, I still see no gain in removing the forums, despite all the "great reasons" you are reffering to.

Maybe its just me, please let us stop this silly discussion as it leads nowhere.
I know I started it, so I will end it here. No hard feelings what soever!:cheers:

Greetings,

TRS

OP
Danny

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
No need to get frustrated just because you can't convince me to remove the forums (there's even no need to convince me because I have no say whatsoever if these forums will be removed or not). Same goes vice versa because I won't convince you to not remove these forums.

I'm not sure if I am the one not reading the other posts. For all reasons posted to remove the "empty" forums, others have posted reasons not to remove them. You don't seem to agree with them witch is ok, but that's no reason to ignore them!

Having said that, I still see no gain in removing the forums, despite all the "great reasons" you are reffering to.

Maybe its just me, please let us stop this silly discussion as it leads nowhere.
I know I started it, so I will end it here. No hard feelings what soever!:cheers:

Greetings,

TRS

Yeah no hard feelings mate :party:

I think weve both said all we can anyway, its up to the admins now i guess :p

Knuckles

I actually already tried to get "dead" forums to get moved to another section to "Clean" out of the face of the main page (less stuff to scroll to). But don't think it really did anything...

just move them away like... all the discontinued N64 emus a subforum under "General N64 Discussion" .. or stuff like that

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Reasons for removing:
- Less dead forums.

Reasons for not removing:
- Information is lost (untrue).

That pretty much sums it all up in one reason per each.

yegosimo

Bug Killer
I'd prefer to keep the posts.. New users will realize that this is a big community when they see all of the posts

ggab

Emutalk Member
just move them away like... all the discontinued N64 emus a subforum under "General N64 Discussion" .. or stuff like that

i'm with Knuckles' suggestion :)

so, we don't need to archive them (better choise), just move them :bouncy:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Or move them in a new sub forum called N64 emulation history...
Because it would also fit and all would know, that most of these emus deserve a place in history but aren't the emus they should work with nowadays!

Cyberman

We should start with the suggestions forum.

Actually you are revisiting the dog's vomit if you pardon the expression.

We've been here before. Ultimately it's up to Martin and other admin, what happens to the forums. They might be busy (yes Martin is a full time student or worker not sure at the moment he like appears at random).
Who knows ultimately what will happen? For all you know you might be posting on the old forums ;)

Cyb

_Chrono_

aka Chrono Archangel
I dont post often here but visit often. I'm all up for the mainpage cleanup.

A forum doesnt look active when you have ALOT of sections where the "Last posted" is two years back. The emus zion mentionned should be all grouped in "Historical emulation archive" or something along those lines.
The frontpage would be cleaner and most sections will be active making the look of the forum.... well... more active :p

Ohh and I do realise that this is and admin/mod decision. They should open up a thread in their super secret forums and agree on what to keep/remove/add.

Allnatural

Ohh and I do realise that this is and admin/mod decision. They should open up a thread in their super secret forums and agree on what to keep/remove/add.
Sorry, that forum is only for sharing rom and p0rn links among the staff. :whistling