EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dolphin online mode?

Hi
    will there be an online implementation some day? i would LOVE to play smash bros melee online!

• Advertising

advertising
      EmuTalk.net
      has no influence
      on the ads that
      are displayed

Mupen64Plus Dev.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Probably not for a while. Plus, I'm not so sure about how it would work - It likely would only work with games that supported the LAN adapter unless they go another route, but the other route would be extremely difficult to implement and have downsides (I can't imagine it syncing!)

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Check out Fuzziqer Software GCARS-CS. It allows you to play Smash Bros. Melee, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Ikaruga, and some other GameCube games online. All you need is a broadband adapter and a way to get homebrew software onto your GameCube. I've played SA2:B using it a couple years ago; it's very nice. I played someone with a ping of 110ms, and there was no noticeable lag.

Once Dolphin supports the Broadband Adapter, GCARS-CS would probably work fine on Dolphin as well (assuming the disc swap were implemented in Dolphin).

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i only have a wii, does the adapter work for wii too?? melee works on my wii with an original wiikey chip

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M@d-F!ghter View Post
    Hi
    will there be an online implementation some day? i would LOVE to play smash bros melee online!
    It might be a better idea to get games to actually work before worrying about things like this.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M@d-F!ghter View Post
    i only have a wii, does the adapter work for wii too?? melee works on my wii with an original wiikey chip
    Unfortunately, the GameCube Broadband Adapter is not supported by the Wii's GameCube emulation mode. So to use GCARS-CS, you will need a GameCube, not a Wii. Sorry.