What's new

Dolphin Final 1.03.2 x64 Public Beta (single/dualcore support) - Shots

VABG

Damn... I'll either have to wait or overclock to play then... both will take some time probably... and I suck at OCing. Any specific program recommended or will I have to bug one of my classmates over MSN to help me with BIOS-OC-ing?

One thing I don't understand is why I can get much higher framerates with this version with only 2.4Ghz when I get much lower with a 3.2 Ghz 32-bit processor with the 32-bit version. But as long as it gets better it's all good :)

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
One thing I don't understand is why I can get much higher framerates with this version with only 2.4Ghz when I get much lower with a 3.2 Ghz 32-bit processor with the 32-bit version. But as long as it gets better it's all good :)

Because of 64-bit instructions and optimizations for dual core processors, that's why.

Still, I wouldn't start overclocking my PC just to get a GC emulator working faster, if I were you. The general risks and possible instability far outweighs any possible performance benefits overclocking might provide. That's just me though.

Sercio

Damn... I'll either have to wait or overclock to play then... both will take some time probably... and I suck at OCing. Any specific program recommended or will I have to bug one of my classmates over MSN to help me with BIOS-OC-ing?

Nop, forget about that idea!
Overclocking wouldnt even boost your game about 5% ~ 2fps! You may risk to end up you pc :police:

VABG

Got about 5 more fps when clocking it up 0.4Ghzso it actually boosted quite a bit... much better framerates now (but +10 degrees in processor heat while running TP)... but now that I got a bit in Twilight Princess I noticed that Link's shadow is looking really strange and that It's being projected underneath Epona and that the waterreflections are very wrong.
View attachment 37524
Anyone else here who's got/had this/these problem(s)?

EDIT again: The shadow problem seems to be present only when I can see other shadows. They remove a part of the shadow. It's probably because they're supposed to do that when you're inside that objects shadow to make them not multiply.

Last edited:

heftig

Got about 5 more fps when clocking it up 0.4Ghzso it actually boosted quite a bit... much better framerates now (but +10 degrees in processor heat while running TP)... but now that I got a bit in Twilight Princess I noticed that Link's shadow is looking really strange and that It's being projected underneath Epona and that the waterreflections are very wrong.
View attachment 37524
Anyone else here who's got/had this/these problem(s)?

EDIT: The shadow problem seems to be present only when I can see Epona.

Same problems here. Shadows are bugged and instead of water reflection/refraction there is some kind of "ghosting".

FrenchGG

Hello, I'm News

My Config
P5W DH Dx
Intel Conroe C2D E6600 (2,4GZ Not OC)
2GB GSKILL DDR2 800 (Dual Channel)
Asus ATI X1950 PRO (Not OC)
RAID 0 2*160 Seagate SATA2 With NCQ
Windows XP Professionnal Corporate 64 Bits SP2

Dolphin 1.03 B3 Config (Thanks Falcon4ever =] )

Dolphin 64 (1.03 B3)
Plugins (Default in archive rar)
Game Test : The Legend Of Zelda : The Wind Maker (Cell Shading powa)
- Dynarec & Dualcore Activate
In Menu : 80 ~ 100 FPS
In Game : 15 ~ 30 FPS
It's Good playing, GG :holiday:

Probleme (Help Me please)

I have a Xbox360 Controller for windows and i can't use i don't say to configure.
And, i have not a sound, Please help me.

VABG

From what I know you can't have sound for nintendo-made games yet because of something that I don't know anything about. Well... something like that.

Eliminator

The Eliminator
my specs (24/7 clocks):
Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 3.3GHZ
Geforce 8800GTX 768MB @ 600/1950
2GB RAM
Audigy 2 ZS
Vista x64

i only tested wind waker so far and was getting 25-30 FPS in game... there was no audio though... dual core + dynarec enabled

NepSquare

Audio is not supported due to most Nintendo games using undocumented(for us) formats for playing sound.

But anywho, lets stick to the topic and post some shots! ;)

Eliminator

The Eliminator
tested some more games and took some screenshots... it seems that XP 64 is faster than Vista 64 since there are people getting better FPS than me with similar CPUs

Zelda TP: 15-20FPS at the beginning after the cutscene (single core)
Mario sunshine: 15-25FPS at the beginning but lots of graphical glitches

Last edited:

heftig

And a few more (10 files per post limit). The door to the Goron Mines boss is where the game gets stuck. In the door opening cinematic, the lock falls down but the chains don't. The cinematic never ends and is not skippable.

The heat effect (like the water effect) is broken, raping antialiasing and reducing visual resolution.

ector

Emulator Developer
The next version will be both 32 and 64-bit (though 64-bit will still be faster).

Thanks for the shots! Awesome. I haven't had patience to play that far, due to lack of a fast computer, although I'm getting a new one soon.

Will make an option for higher-resolution render targets, should make the heat effect look better.

The hang sounds similar to the one in WW, which means that it may be fixable....

As usual I give you no time frame for these fixes :p

aldebaran

I will be waiting for this vercion.
single I want to play fast kirby, like this photo
attachment.php

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
The next version will be both 32 and 64-bit (though 64-bit will still be faster).

Thanks for the shots! Awesome. I haven't had patience to play that far, due to lack of a fast computer, although I'm getting a new one soon.

Will make an option for higher-resolution render targets, should make the heat effect look better.

The hang sounds similar to the one in WW, which means that it may be fixable....

As usual I give you no time frame for these fixes :p

Awesome isn't even the word for it. Incredible, nay, absolutely astounding work. :flowers:

yoh_asakura

my specs (24/7 clocks):
Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 3.3GHZ
Geforce 8800GTX 768MB @ 600/1950
2GB RAM
Audigy 2 ZS
Vista x64

i only tested wind waker so far and was getting 25-30 FPS in game... there was no audio though... dual core + dynarec enabled

Try using windows xp x64 maybe u can gain more fps :naughty: