What's new

can't get pokemon emerald, ruby, or sapphire to work on VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
I think you need a .ips file to run Emerald, not sure about Ruby/Sapphire. Dunno where you can find it, just google it

Ody

No need at all for ips patch, it's just a save type problem.

Just set your save type to Flash 128KB (Options->Emulator->Save Type->Flash128KB) and reset your game.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
he never mentioned an emulator, so give him no help till he does,.. otherwise the advice is likely for the wrong emulator

squall_leonhart

typo, i meant which version of the emulator. (tired eyes playing tricks on typing)

oh well.. anyways, it has nothing to do with save types, even with it set to 64k it'd still load, it'd just say the save was corrupted when it loaded (but'd still load) 128k is the correct setting though.

firstly download the VBA-Over.ini from
http://forums.ngemu.com/visualboy-a...fix-your-boktai-pkmn-dbz-your-smb3-games.html

next make sure your not using the July 2006 WIP build of VBA, the June wip build should be ok, but 1.8 beta 3 and lower are the best ones to use.

lastly make sure the roms AREN'T patched, the emulator is capable of playing these games without needing to be patched,. patching them would more likely cause problems.

Ody

Of course, it's a save type problem. Even if you can sometimes load with other save types, it really depends on situations. Besides, in case you don't know, vba-over.ini is just a file that sets automatically the save type for you. Trust me, I know what I am talking about. I haven't been moderator of the GBA section in one of the biggest game and emulation forums during one year for nothing.

But yes, vba-over.ini is probably the best solution if you intend to play other games as well. For a single game, setting manually the save type is much faster.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

your moderator status doesn't mean crap to me Ody.

and considering i've been running VBA since before you even joined here, i think im in a better position to know whats going on.

All of the games mentioned, will still run without the vba-over.ini and being set to 128kb, and as i said will just say the save file is corrupt - it still loads the data without issues.

my realtime and experience with vba, overrides your somewhat egotistical belief that you have some idea of the workings of the emulator just because your a "moderator"

im the administrator of a computer hardware site, does that mean i know all the inner workings of a computer? no, not even the people making computer parts can say they do, otherwise they wouldn't still be finding ways to make them work faster/use less power/less heat.

so don't bring that crap to me, you'll be shotdown every time.

ok?

i don't even see you anywhere on ngemu, and the official threads for vba are there.

Last edited:

Ody

and considering i've been running VBA since before you even joined here, i think im in a better position to know whats going on.
The fact that I joined this forum late doesn't mean I wasn't using VBA for years. So for you joining here after you is incompatible with using VBA for years?

i don't even see you anywhere on ngemu, and the official threads for vba are there.
I never said I was here on ngemu. You know, there are many bigger forums out there. I would be happy to mention the forum I am moderator but advertizing is forbidden.

Being moderator doesn't necessarily imply I know everything but it means that I read many complaints of that kind and that I know how to solve them. For your information, it really depends on situtations when you have a wrong save type, some people can load the game and play until they reach the end when they realize that the game cannot be save using the in-game save. Other people have a "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed" problem. Some others (most cases) just have a white screen. And the cause of these issues are the same: wrong save type. Just because you didn't experience a white screen while having a wrong save type doesn't mean others didn't either. That's what an experience of moderator or regular VBA emulation helper brings.

All of the games mentioned, will still run without the vba-over.ini and being set to 128kb, and as i said will just say the save file is corrupt - it still loads the data without issues.
Of course it will load if it is set to Flash 128KB since it is the correct save type with or without vba-over.ini. The sight of such pointless statement you tend to make just show that you have no idea of what you are talking about.

Sorry to tell you that but your "realtime and experience with vba" is even more crap that what you said about my position of moderator. If you had any idea of what you are talking about, you won't be there discussing this with me. If after that, you still want to convince me that you know more, then your case is desperate.

So quit that "I am here for longer than you and I have more post" crap and learn your fact. Be also aware that there are many people more competent than you on this world and judging the capacity of someone just by his/her joining date on ngemu and number of posts is totally childish of a reaction. Myself, I joined Emutalk because there are competent people on NDS emulation and I wish to learn more with them. Otherwise, I could have stayed exclusively on my forum and just kick anyone who contradicts me. In other words, the world isn't limited to yourself. If you have more to say, please use the PM system and don't post incaccurate information here anymore.

And be coherent with yourself, will you?

ok?
So it is crap or not?

Look, I don't want to have a longer argument with you, I have better things to do. So quit it, will you?

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

I never said I was here on ngemu. You know, there are many bigger forums out there. I would be happy to mention the forum I am moderator but advertizing is forbidden.
you have seen ngemu havn't you?.. like seriously?.. its actually the biggest of the emulation sites that i have passed.

The fact that I joined this forum late doesn't mean I wasn't using VBA for years. So for you joining here after you is incompatible with using VBA for years?
no, it means that when you come here and start saying stuff like
Trust me, I know what I am talking about. I haven't been moderator of the GBA section in one of the biggest game and emulation forums during one year for nothing.
that people are going to take up arms against it, you can be a moderator all you like, but it doesn't make you the be all and end all of all emulation related questions.

i second, that as Ngemu is the home forum of VBA, that we infact have had more VBA related posts, and issues reported than your forum would have ever had, and being that it was at ngemu that the vba-over ini was created in the first place...

again, my realtime, across a wide range of computers, experience with VBA and save settings, and the fact that alot of my testing with VBA requires setting and REMing (surely you know what REMing is) the vba over file name to force 64k save settings, negates your ignorant remarks based on the fact your a moderator and have seen lots of issues.

Of course it will load if it is set to Flash 128KB since it is the correct save type with or without vba-over.ini. The sight of such pointless statement you tend to make just show that you have no idea of what you are talking about.
another issue i have with you, is that you clearly have not read at all what i said.

its a joint statement, "without the vba-over.ini and being set to 128kb" without a comma indicates that the word without covers the entire sentence.
now if i had said "without the vba-over.ini, and being set to 128kb" then that would've been different again.

Being moderator doesn't necessarily imply I know everything but it means that I read many complaints of that kind and that I know how to solve them. For your information, it really depends on situtations when you have a wrong save type, some people can load the game and play until they reach the end when they realize that the game cannot be save using the in-game save. Other people have a "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed" problem. Some others (most cases) just have a white screen. And the cause of these issues are the same: wrong save type. Just because you didn't experience a white screen while having a wrong save type doesn't mean others didn't either. That's what an experience of moderator or regular VBA emulation helper brings.
im sorry to say this, but being one of the people who beta test this program, i not only read more issues, i create the topics on them, the white screen issue is a known one and is more related to the rom itself, rather then the save type, a couple of examples are early dumps of Leaf Green and Fire Red, where they would crash after the first logo.

Sorry to tell you that but your "realtime and experience with vba" is even more crap that what you said about my position of moderator. If you had any idea of what you are talking about, you won't be there discussing this with me. If after that, you still want to convince me that you know more, then your case is desperate.
sorry to tell you, but no one buys your bs, no one cares whether your a moderator somewhere, you could be the king of england and no one would care.. infact quite a few would tell you to **** off.

So quit that "I am here for longer than you and I have more post" crap and learn your fact. Be also aware that there are many people more competent than you on this world and judging the capacity of someone just by his/her joining date on ngemu and number of posts is totally childish of a reaction. Myself, I joined Emutalk because there are competent people on NDS emulation and I wish to learn more with them. Otherwise, I could have stayed exclusively on my forum and just kick anyone who contradicts me. In other words, the world isn't limited to yourself. If you have more to say, please use the PM system and don't post incaccurate information here anymore.
that was never what this is about, its about the fact you wrote a bunch of bs and i caught you out on it.

And be coherent with yourself, will you?
seemed pretty coherent to me.. maybe your just not smart? im sorry, am i using words that are too big for you to understand?, if you like, i can make it like im speaking to a child, having such a high level of understanding and ability to use the english language has given me the ability to adjust the way i speak to people if i need to, so just say the word if this is the case.

and please, by all means, post the name and link to this site
if it is a legit emulation site and not a rom site, the link is allowed to be posted... if you mean it is forbidden from being posted, then that site surely must be the worst you could ever join, wheres the point of being member of a place you can't even share?.

Look, I don't want to have a longer argument with you, I have better things to do. So quit it, will you?

and let ignorant misinformed people expand in numbers? no way sorry, won't happen, i've already lost the battle on the word reformat (the word is format people!), i refuse to have another generation of idiots created.

Last edited:

Ody

If saying one thing and its contrary a little further is coherent and smart for you then there is nothing more I can say. Look at what it yourself:

ok?

(the word is format people!)
Oh and yes, spelling and grammar are not your strong point, are they? For your information, "i" should be written "I"... I thought you want to know...

Anyway, continue your argument alone if you wish, I think we can post for hours and hours without end, if you don't quit, I quit. Happy?

squall_leonhart

its the internet, i can type how ever i ****ing want to.
if thats all you do is pick at wrong letting and capitalisation, then that shows your worth as a moderator... as zilch.

go back to preschool little kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.