Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Xbox360 controller with Mupen64

I'm trying to get an Xbox360 controller to work with Mupen64. The sad thing about is that I haven't been able to get any game to recognize the controller. I'm using Ubuntu Feisty Fawn which should support the controller with the xpad driver. "modinfo xpad" gives me the following output:

Code:
    filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.20-16-generic/kernel/drivers/usb/input/xpad.ko
    license:        GPL
    description:    driver for Xbox controllers
    author:         Marko Friedemann <mfr@bmx-chemnitz.de>, Oliver Schwartz <Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de>, Georg Lukas <georg@op-co.de>, Thomas Pedley <Gentoox@shallax.com>, Edgar Hucek <hostmaster@ed-soft.at>
    srcversion:     7EC4E48313512193C8A772E
    alias:          usb:v*p*d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc5Dip01*
    alias:          usb:v*p*d*dc*dsc*dp*ic03isc00ip00*
    alias:          usb:v*p*d*dc*dsc*dp*ic58isc42ip00*
    depends:        usbcore
    vermagic:       2.6.20-16-generic SMP mod_unload 586 
    parm:           debug:Debugging (ulong)
    The only devices I can choose in the blight's SDL input plugin are "none" and "keyboard". How am I supposed to make the program aware of the controller?
    Last edited by Surkow; August 29th, 2007 at 10:28.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nobody who experienced the same with a controller in Ubuntu? I still have no clue how to make it work. I tried the package "joystick" but Mupen64 still doesn't seem to recognize the controller.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It seems nobody was successful in doing it. Any controllers that do work with Mupen in Linux?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I understand that it's a driver problem. My other gamepads create an /dev/input/js$ entry. My Xbox360 controller does not, even with a recent kernel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It does not seem to be a mupen64 specific problem, i'm sure you would have more answer on an unbuntu forum or a general linux forum.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacktarux View Post
    It does not seem to be a mupen64 specific problem, i'm sure you would have more answer on an unbuntu forum or a general linux forum.
    Although you are correct, before I created this topic I already asked for information in the Ubuntu forums. Sadly enough for me most people were successful in using this controller and I decided to create a thread over here because I thought it was a problem with the emulator input plugin. It was not and now I try to read something about creating a device node for the controller (all my other gamepads do create one and they are recognized by Mupen).
    Last edited by Surkow; August 29th, 2007 at 19:45.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I upgraded to the latest kernel and was able to install a modification of the basic driver which can be found here. All buttons seem to work except for the LT and the RT buttons. They are the buttons on the back of the controller which behave like axes. I wanted to assign the Z button to the LT button but blight's input plugin does not recognize it. Does this have something to do with those buttons being recognized as axes?

Edit: I'm sure the buttons work (in other programs) because they are recognized by a joystick calibration tool called jscalibrator.
    Last edited by Surkow; September 11th, 2007 at 19:21.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe it's blight plugin, i'm not sure. You can try to manualy edit the config file.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacktarux View Post
    Maybe it's blight plugin, i'm not sure. You can try to manualy edit the config file.
    I edited the blight_input.conf without results. I know the axes are called 2 and 5 but when I enter the number 2 the config is overwritten as soon as I exit mupen64.

Code:
    Z Trig=key( 122 ); button( None ); axis( 2 ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was a problem with the graphics plugins (!?). I had couldn't use glN64 for some reason. Somehow it caused the behavior of not being able to use the triggers on the back of the controller (which seems really weird to me).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast