What's new

Night Into Dreams

luminitis

Im using SSF_008_alpha_R11 and my bios is called SEGA_100. My problem is that when im running Nights Into Dreams the game play is sluggish in most parts, but there are parts where it seems normal speed.
Is there a way to set a FPS limit with SSF?

~any help is appreciated

-Lumin

*Note* Ive played Virtua On:Cybertroops and it wasnt slow.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
No, there is no way to limit FPS in SSF. Some games are slower, some games are faster. I suggest that you experiment with the different profiles that SSF has to offer.

OP
L

luminitis

Well someone told me to set the DOT CLOCK to 4.0 instead of the 2.0 to help the game speed up, that didnt work for me but was told to keep trying other versions.

Im still trying things out other versions, thinking of trying a new emulator all together, any recommendations? Also should i try messing with the BIOS? maybe try UK bios instead of the US on perhaps?

My computer is: P4 2.66ghz>1gb ram>Soundmax integradted sound>Radeon 9800 256mb

~thanks again

Miretank

Lurking
Older versions work faster here on my rig. Also, I could only reach FULLSPEED on Nights clocking my CPU to 3.2GHz.

Still, the newest versions of SSF have an option to optimize speed iirc (EZ Setting).

OP
L

luminitis

Ive tried a few versions of SSF i have a couple more things to try, it might be that Nights is just to demanding for my system, since it only goes sluggish when theres a lot of action, and since Virtua On works perfect.

@Agozer- thanks for info, had to make sure:)

OP
L

luminitis

Yeah ive figured that out with all my testing, going to try and overclock my computer once i figure out how to go about doing so:)