Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133
Results 1,321 to 1,328 of 1328

Thread: Game Boy

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shonumi View Post
    It's great to see this thread getting some more activity I'm still around here. Feel free to ask anything if anyone's curious.

I still work on a bunch of Game Boy emulation. This year in particular, been tackling a few GB things that have never been emulated by anyone. Currently working on a little something, atm. You'd be surprised how much of the Game Boy we haven't touched yet, even after all this time.

@Danny - Keep up the good work! That debugging setup looks pretty sweet. Took me ages to get around to making a good GUI for mine.
    It's the legend himself

You should join us on emudev.slack.com. Lots of Gameboy devs there who'd love to interact. Gekkio (mooneye-gb author) is doing a lot of research work there too.

Of course, I still want to continue the thread here too. Nice to see some life.

EDIT: I've started my project over from scratch: https://github.com/DannyGlover/dreamboy

Great to hear from you

@Shonumi
    Last edited by Danny; December 9th, 2017 at 05:21.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    My new Emulator DreamBoy is now passing all of blarggs cpu instruction tests (except 3, and 2 (due to not having interrupts done yet))

Looking forward to figuring this one out, then doing the Lcd again, but hopefully right this time
    Last edited by Danny; December 13th, 2017 at 16:52.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Now passing all of blarggs tests..

My Lcd emulation seems hit and miss though...

Dr.Mario - Fine...

Tetris - Not so much...

EDIT:

Fixed! (and implemented MBC1 rom banking)

Last edited by Danny; December 15th, 2017 at 06:28.
    Proud Moderator Of Emutalk.net

* I develop software for: iOS, Android, Mac, Linux & Windows.
    * Proficient in C#, C, C++, Objective-C, Java, Swift, Lua. Also know some: PHP.

Want to help EmuTalk? Want us to relive the glory days of old? Ping me, I would love to hear your ideas

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I remember when I got MBC1 support implemented years ago. The first thing I did was play Kirby's Dream Land from start to finish (ostensibly for "testing"). I only had 1x scaling, keyboard input, and no sound, but I loved every minute of it

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shonumi View Post
    I remember when I got MBC1 support implemented years ago. The first thing I did was play Kirby's Dream Land from start to finish (ostensibly for "testing"). I only had 1x scaling, keyboard input, and no sound, but I loved every minute of it
    I'm actually working on input now... I have a really weird MBC1 rom banking issue... In Link's Awakening, somehow rom banking is writing to the memory region 0x0000 > 0x1FFF, despite me specifying to only write to to memory location 0x4000 (I use memcpy to copy the rom bank data to memory).

Currently bamboozled as to how this is happening

Want to help EmuTalk? Want us to relive the glory days of old? Ping me, I would love to hear your ideas

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I'm actually working on input now... I have a really weird MBC1 rom banking issue... In Link's Awakening, somehow rom banking is writing to the memory region 0x0000 > 0x1FFF, despite me specifying to only write to to memory location 0x4000 (I use memcpy to copy the rom bank data to memory).

Currently bamboozled as to how this is happening
    Turned out it was due to my lack of correct halt handling. Managed to get Zelda to boot to the first screen after some tinkering..

I haven't fully fixed it yet, but I'm getting close

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Progress report:

- Fixed Halt, and replicated the "halt bug".
    - Added input support. (TODO: PC gamepad support).
    - Fixed MBC1 rom banking.
    - Added MBC1 ram banking (including saving to file and loading from file).
    - Fixed two stupid Lcd bugs that were corrupting the graphics and causing slowdown/crashes.

Now lots of games go in-game and are (maybe) playable (I don't have sprites yet).

Screenies!

Still a lot left to do...

- Sprites
    - Window
    - Sound
    - Various other MBC's
    - DMA
    - GB Color support
    Last edited by Danny; December 20th, 2017 at 05:57.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got some results porting to the PS Vita, for displaying graphics I was displaying graphics using SDL2 texture streaming with SDL_PIXELFORMAT_ARGB8888, and for some reason it wasn't showing unless the alpha bits were set which didn't need to be set on Windows/Linux/Osx/Android and iOS. Emulator is still fairly inefficient so is only running around 50fps on the Vita, but was fun to get running on it

- - - Updated - - -

Also added support for 8MB MBC5 ROMs, although the only one I could find is "Densha de Go!", let me know if there are any others, if left at the title screen too long or after selecting a train and a stage and the menu after (can't quite understand as it's in Japanese) it seems to start executing garbage, I think this is possibly down to a flaw in my MBC5 implementation considering the involved graphics in the intro sequence seem to work with no problems in my emulator.

Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133