Page 124 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124
Results 1,231 to 1,234 of 1234

Thread: Game Boy

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    @Shonumi It seems Imran Nazar inspired many people into emulation due to his tutorials (I'd like to thank him if he ever visits this forum as he inspired me too). It's true, game boy isn't that grumpy with details. In fact after 7 days of coding, 8/11 instructions failed, worse LCD timings couldn't happen, and tetris showed me the moscow palace. I was happy. Really.
    I want to update my post to point out a mistake I've made. The reason this code worked at the end of OAM was the fact the emulator was drawing before the interrupt additional clocks. Also, CB opcode as well as EI were unclocked making display out of sync. Sorry if anyone got misinformed by it. I also updated the code.
      Spoiler:
    Concerning the dynamic scanlines we talked, using the nice doc you linked, I came up with the idea to start drawing 6 pixels + the rest of my clock from OAM (-80 clocks) at the END of OAM. With this dirty HLE code I could eventually avoid the lens effect (of the already changed pallete in mode 3) at the left side of prehistorik man's intro screen and display it perfectly (compared to VBAM and BGB). (Actual code from XNA boy)

Code:
    case 2:

if (clock >= 80) {
    	set_MODE_during(3);
    	clock -= 80;

}
    break;

case 3:
    int x_clock = clock - 8;
    for (; lcd_pointer < x_clock; lcd_pointer++) {
    	if (lcd_pointer < 160) {
    		UpdatePixel(lcd_pointer);
    	}
    }

if (clock >= 172) {
    	if (check_stat_3()) {
    		Memory.mem[Def.IF] |= 2; //interrupt.
    	}
    	set_MODE_during(0); //<--- Enters H-BLANK
    	clock -= 172;
    	lcd_pointer = 0;

}

break;
    That extra offset is not needed anymore.
      Spoiler:
    int rest_pix = 6 + clock; saved the day for me.
    And as I told you the other day, since we have a HLE emulation for the display, that is enough for me I believe. Now, I don't know if other games or demos use dynamic X to draw but, as you said, demos are a different story . If I ever have more passion to deal with the CPU once again, I'll certainly remake it into cycle by cycle.
    Shonumi. I wish you luck and clear mind for the Game Boy Advance implementation. Don't forget to inform us for a new thread (actually I haven't even checked yet if you started it already ^^)
    Last edited by venge; July 16th, 2014 at 15:41.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shonumi View Post
    As a side note, I'm digging into GBA emulation now (mostly emulating the ARM CPU). Not a whole lot implemented. Maybe I'll start a GBA thread once I start going somewhere. Thankfully the GBA is very documented.
    I'm thinking about that two. I already got some experience with the Gameboy Advance hardware because I'm a romhacker. Let's see if I'm able to write a gameboy advance emulator. For my Gameboy Classic emulator I was recently working on sound emulation. But currently it lacks pleasure to work on that project ^^

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flerovium View Post
    I'm thinking about that two. I already got some experience with the Gameboy Advance hardware because I'm a romhacker. Let's see if I'm able to write a gameboy advance emulator. For my Gameboy Classic emulator I was recently working on sound emulation. But currently it lacks pleasure to work on that project ^^
    I looked into that some time ago. Most of the hardware is pretty similar to the GB, but I think that at the moment, I don't have enough time for the CPU. Maybe in the holidays...
    It would certainly require some different approaches than my current CPU core.

I tried porting my emulator to emscripten. Getting it up and running took about 30 minutes, but then I spent several hours on persistent savegames and I can't get stable framerates or sound.
    http://i.imgur.com/B1qLo59.png

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, nice progress here!

I have a document about the mid scanline timing within my gists: https://gist.github.com/drhelius/3730564

You may also find some other useful docs I gathered through the net: https://gist.github.com/drhelius
    My open source Game Boy / Game Boy Color emulator for iOS and Desktops: https://github.com/drhelius/Gearboy
    My open source Master System / Game Gear emulator for iOS and Desktops: https://github.com/drhelius/Gearsystem

• Advertising

advertising
      EmuTalk.net
      has no influence
      on the ads that
      are displayed

Page 124 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124