Page 4 of 125 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cool... would you be posting the news on this thread or the emu dev thread that teamz started up.
    Edit: I have recently been setting up another emulation site, and I would post the information about the emulator there. The site domain is currently http://www.freewebs.com/siteemu. Hope you will like it, hopefully get .tk forwading domain name soon. This site ill hopefully suck seed or I will hang my head in shame (sorry but that is the first time I have seen this smiley and I like it).

Last edited by sammyboy; June 2nd, 2004 at 23:18. Reason: Some information to be adding...
    "About as innocent as a nun doing pushups in a cucumber field"

• Advertising

advertising
      EmuTalk.net
      has no influence
      on the ads that
      are displayed

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, sorry for reviving this old thread. I heard some other people were working on GB emus, and wanted to see how far they've gotten. So far, I've got almost all opcodes covered, most of the I/O registers taken care of, the V-Blank and Timer interrupts handled, and drawing of the background. There's obviously some things I still need to sort out. I've either gotten a blank screen or distorted graphics. Not a single game has run as expected yet :/. Oh well, maybe soon, I hope. Have any of you guys gotten results yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    could you show some screen shots, what language is it programmed in and how long have you been working on it.
    "About as innocent as a nun doing pushups in a cucumber field"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyboy
    could you show some screen shots, what language is it programmed in and how long have you been working on it.

what about your emulator? how far have you got? youve been working on it about 3-4 months now, you must have something..

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's some shots. The first is the BLEM! demo :p. The other two are from Big Scrolling Demo. BTW, these are showing the full 256x256 VRAM.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shot01.jpg 
Views:	888 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	18409   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shot02.jpg 
Views:	827 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	18410   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shot03.jpg 
Views:	852 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	18411  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrew1375
    Here's some shots. The first is the BLEM! demo :p. The other two are from Big Scrolling Demo. BTW, these are showing the full 256x256 VRAM.

PSX emu for GB hahah love it

lookin good there tho mate!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The GB emulator being worked on by TeamZ, zAe, Doom, and myself is at a similar
    place in development. http://sourceforge.net/projects/clonegb

What ROM is that 3rd shot?

I tried implementing the V-Blank interrupt, but it doesn't seem to work (or atleast, it
    doesn't seem to change compatibility *at all* which would lend itself to the not working conclusion...)

I'd like to see screenshots of the Space demo (aka Grey moving globe..) and the
    commercial game Solar Striker (if you have it, that is. That was the first cart I ever
    bought for gb, 7 bucks many years ago at Funcoland.), could you? thanks.

It would seem that the exuberance isn't insubstantial yet...

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry, I've been at work all day, and haven't had a chance to reply. Anyway, the third screenshot is from the Big Scroller Demo. I haven't gotten any results from either of those ROMs yet. I had a look at your guys' code. This may be a stupid question, but are you generating the interrupts? You seem to be pretty far, maybe farther than me, but it doesn't seem like you're generating any of them. Anyway, you'll need cycle counters(Or, at least that's what I used). You could have a counter for the LY register. Once so many cycles have passed you increment the LY register, when it's between 143(The lowest line on the screen) and 153, you generate a V-Blank interrupt(Just after it passes 143. After it passes 153, you turn off the V-Blank flag and reset LY to 0). I believe the cycles between each line is close to 114 in machine cycles. That's clock cycles divided by 4, in case you didn't know. Let me know if that helps, or if you need more info. I'll be happy to help if I can .
    Last edited by bcrew1375; July 27th, 2004 at 05:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heres some screens from my gameboy emu.
    First game to run was actually super mario land,
    as strange as that sounds I couldn't get any
    ingame screen shots since input is not implamented,
    and i havent finished mbc1 yet, so most mbc1 games
    crash

edit: I know the colors are off, i put any bs value as the palette for the time being

<post truncated>
    Last edited by aprentice; August 1st, 2004 at 06:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WARNING! n00b QUESTION: aprentice, does legend of Zelda - Link's awakening work?
    Last edited by PsyMan; July 27th, 2004 at 18:52.
    I'm not insane. YOU are insane... You are all insane!

Page 4 of 125 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast