Page 32 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGNG
    So simply ignore any data that is written to register $FF00 and it is therefore impossible for a ROM to detect that it is being used in a Super Game Boy.
    Thats great advice if you don't want your emulator to ever have joypad support

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Right, right. I said what I didn't mean. I MEANT to say to ignore any SGB functions to be written to the register.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alright, so I finally decided to start working on an emulator of my own. I've got the basic CPU emulation done, all opcodes except DAA and that sub-set 0xCB, working good so far. I'm not sure how I should go about doing interrupts, though. I'm starting with VBlank/LCDC status. I'm not sure exactly how to determine how many cycles to go before changing the LCDC mode.

Also, does anyone know what the values of the CPU and I/O registers are right when it boots up, before the bootROM is executed?

BTW, aprentice, your debugger would look a lot better if you used spaces instead of zeros for 1 and 2-byte opcodes, like this:
    0150 00 .. .. NOP
    0151 E0 D3 .. LDH ($FFD3),A
    0153 CD 34 12 CALL $1234
    except I've used periods instead of spaces because repeated spaces won't show up.
    'Zig' Bus Lines. Moving for great justice since AD 2101.
    There are 11 types of people in the world: Those who can count in Binary and those who can't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperHacker
    BTW, aprentice, your debugger would look a lot better if you used spaces instead of zeros for 1 and 2-byte opcodes, like this:
    0150 00 .. .. NOP
    0151 E0 D3 .. LDH ($FFD3),A
    0153 CD 34 12 CALL $1234
    except I've used periods instead of spaces because repeated spaces won't show up.
    I disagree, I think it would look messy and more hard to follow if it looked like that

Also in your sig "There are 11 types of people in the world: Those who can count in Binary and those who can't." i'm guessing you're the people who can't count in binary cause "11" = 3

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    LOL, stop messing with him aprentice :p. Anyway, for the Gameboy, this will be your best friend: http://work.typo3.work.de/nocash/pandocs.htm. For the startup values, goto Power Up Sequence. It should also have the timings for the Stat Flag. Also, I'd have to disagree on the debugger as well. I think it looks fine the way it is.
    Last edited by bcrew1375; January 20th, 2005 at 09:45.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Heh, I thought that doc was just the same as the text file I had, but apparently not. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by aprentice
    Also in your sig "There are 11 types of people in the world: Those who can count in Binary and those who can't." i'm guessing you're the people who can't count in binary cause "11" = 3
    That's the idea. It combines a few old jokes.
    There are 11 types of people in the world: Those who can count in Binary and those who can't.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I think I already said it, but a big mistake I made when writing my graphics code was to draw the screen all at once, instead of scanline by scanline. *Waits for everyone to point and laugh* . So, now I'm kinda stumped as to how I should draw the background. I've got the window and sprites down fine, I just can't find a decent way to draw the background. BTW, aprentice, did you ever get my PM ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrew1375
    Well, I think I already said it, but a big mistake I made when writing my graphics code was to draw the screen all at once, instead of scanline by scanline. *Waits for everyone to point and laugh* . So, now I'm kinda stumped as to how I should draw the background. I've got the window and sprites down fine, I just can't find a decent way to draw the background. BTW, aprentice, did you ever get my PM ?
    Yeah, I started writing out a reply and then had to leave for a few hours, when I got back someone closed the window already and I completely forgot about it until now Replying to that pmsg now..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bleh, how are you guys handling video exactly? I've just been doing SetPixel() in a loop whenever the game modifies a tile (to draw that tile on the buffer), and drawing the screen using BitBlt (copy from the tile buffer)... Of course it's ridiculously slow. Variable-size screen is a big problem especially, since the only way I know how to do it is with StretchBlt() which is so slow it's a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperHacker
    Bleh, how are you guys handling video exactly? I've just been doing SetPixel() in a loop whenever the game modifies a tile (to draw that tile on the buffer), and drawing the screen using BitBlt (copy from the tile buffer)... Of course it's ridiculously slow. Variable-size screen is a big problem especially, since the only way I know how to do it is with StretchBlt() which is so slow it's a joke.
    I have no clue what you are talking about, did you mean to post this in the chip8 forum?

Page 32 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast