What's new

Jabo's plugin (Does not initialize)

Max02

Basically, my problem is that - although the sound and input plugins seem to initialize okay - the default video plugins do not. I've checked the settings and can supposedly choose between Direct3D6 1.5.2 and Direct3D8 1.6... yet when I look in the plugin folder, I see there's only Jabo_Direct3D6.dll version 1.0.0.1 and Jabo_Direct3D7.dll version 1.0.0.1. I can't seem to find a way to add these to the list, nor - despite my best efforts in searching - can I find any page here that might have a newer dll that I don't get a Page Does Not Exist error on.

Whether this is just a naming thing that occurred while making the emulator and shouldn't have any effect or whether I'm downloading the wrong file (Version 1.6 from the Binaries section of http://www.pj64-emu.com), I don't know... any help in this matter would be appreciated. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

OP
M

Max02

Tried that before, and again today. Still the same problem; it doesn't come with the correct plugins.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You can't add anything to the "list" if DirectX is unable to access the plugins. Which is why you get the initializations error.

Your computer specs? Version of DirectX? Try switch the desktop to 16-bit color and try again. btw, it should be Jabo_Direct3D8.dll, not 7.

Last edited:
OP
M

Max02

Should be 8; it is 7.

My specs should be up to it, although the one thing I think might be causing the problem is my video; It's 64 MB shared memory, not an actual video card. Though, it works with most things that need big-name cards... DirectX 9 should be installed, though I'm not sure how to check it.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Are you absolutely sure that you downloaded Project64 1.6? 1.6 does not have Jabo_Direct3D7.dll, just Direct3D6 and 8 + RSP, audio and controller plugins.

In any case, does lowering your desktop bit depth to 16 help? Run dxdiag and you'll see all kinds of info about your computer, including your video hardware.

OP
M

Max02

Oh... frickin'... wow.

I apparently had the right emulator, plugins, all that, and the proper directx was installed... but after all this time, I had been too much of an idiot to install the proper drivers (Mostly because I couldn't find the CD, and the manufacturer's site is all but a domain-squatter). Now not only does it work, but everything visual in general runs better.

And I managed to find this only because of dxdiag, something I didn't know existed. Thank you very much, good sir :cat: