What's new

7Z files and ESB

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyyini

Lots of the N64 games that I want to play, like Super Mario 64, are ESP protected so I cant download them. But I see people on YouTube posting videos of them playing SM64 of their computer (I know its a computer cause it isnt bad quality like when you video your TV)

Are there some sites that offer them for download or...what? (So how do I get the games that are ESB protected?)

Also, Some of the games that I download are 7Z files, and they dont work when I try to play them.:(

I tried to use GoodN64 but I couldnt figure it out.:blink: :unsure:

So could someone tell my how to make the 7Z files work? (And please dont say "Use GoodN64", cause I tried to use it)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Project64 1.6 does not support z-Zip files. You need to extract the roms before you can play them.

"ESA protected" is just another excuse for certain romsites to try and justify their existence. Most romsites simply do not care and do not remove files that are claimed to be "ESA protected".

In short, the Internet is too vast for all romsites to start pulling an ESA on some of their content. Just because a few sites do it doesn't mean that every single site does the same.

majinvegeta2

Of course, you can download the ROMs, which are ESA protected, you just need a site, which offers them.
And 7z-files are compressed ROMs.
Just get 7-Zip to decompress them.

EDIT: Oh, Agozer was faster than me ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.