What's new

Spontaneous Crash From Audio Plug-Ins

spamguy

This is a strange one.

For the past three weeks I've enjoyed running through Paper Mario on P64. Minus petty graphics glitches, it worked flawlessly. I used the default graphics plug-in and Azimer Audio.

Just now I booted up P64 and BOOM! It crashes at startup. Through much trial and error, I discover Azimer Audio is the cause. Confused it should start acting up now, I yank it and settle on the default audio plug-in.

But somehow, P64 doesn't accept even that. I choose the Jabo plug-in, but P64 complains it's nonexistent or invalid. Worried there might be corrupt data, I redownloaded Azimer Audio and used that copy...BOOM! again.

This is all very strange...it's only been two days since I last played, with no crashes or failures that would corrupt only that directory. No viruses/digital blight on my computer. Crash logs available upon request.

Apologies if this has been covered before, but searching 'crash' and 'plug-in' only takes you so far...

-----

UPDATE: Well, this is actually not P64's fault: my computer is having a major software-based audio malfunction. Half-Life 2 is also crashing on startup. Again, bizarre: nothing to speak of happened from the time I quit HL2 last night to the time I booted into Windows this evening.

Of course, you are free to advise if you so desire, even though this is now outside the scope of the forum. :)

Last edited:

Van Halen Man

Well, just for future reference, Project 64s abreveation is PJ64 not P64, i was kinda confused when you kept sayin P64, but maybe that is just because I am an idiot.....oh well, no you know heh.

OP
S

spamguy

Well, just for future reference, Project 64s abreveation is PJ64 not P64, i was kinda confused when you kept sayin P64, but maybe that is just because I am an idiot.....oh well, no you know heh.

Heh, sorry. One glance at the app's icon woulda set me straight, but that would require paying attention to things. ;)

OP
S

spamguy

Fixed. A simple restart did it. Unless my compy has free will over what drivers to load, I'm baffled how the previous startup was any different from correct ones...

Lock this topic if anyone feels like it.