What's new

help problems with project 64k (not online)

wii_hero

hello people i know I'm a noob but I've been using project 64 for months now, i have to latest version but the one i got with 64k was 1.4,

the rules thread says i need to update project 64 through the website, how do i replace files in project 64k (the 1.4 part) since i don't know whats a part of 1.4 and whats with pro64k

also

when i open project 64k it says these error messages.. ( in order i get these)

1. Initialize GFX: exeption error happened

2. Direct3D failed to initialize your HAL device make sure you have properly configured 3d graphics card compatible with direct3D 6.0

3. Failed to initialize Graphics

making me unable to play the games ( i can go online though)

(bookmarking thread...)

if you need pictures request on this page and ill edit it,

(please don't its a hassle for me and if someone already says that they need it, don't say it again -.-)

system specs:

cpu: i have a pentium R its pretty good 1600x1200 is the maximum resolution (i use 1040 by 756)

grahics card : have direct x 9.0c

Ram: i have 512 .. mb ;'(

i tested if my graphics card works and it did

if you need to be more specific ask me on what i need to be specific on, (maybe show the steps on how to get it... :)

please help

thanks in the future wii_hero aka: that crazy guy in the green tunic holding the plastic sword..

ill respond when something works..

EDIT: i tried using the gfx plugins that came with project 64 1.6 and it says that it couldn't be initialized

Last edited:

boyyini

everything was a graphics error.... I would get DirectX 10, and get the latest update for your graphics card.

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
I'm not sure if it's needed to get DirectX 10... First and foremost, update your graphic card drivers (but first you should check what ghraphic card you have, in case you don't know since you only showed what DirectX version you have)

OP
W

wii_hero

I'm not sure if it's needed to get DirectX 10... First and foremost, update your graphic card drivers (but first you should check what ghraphic card you have, in case you don't know since you only showed what DirectX version you have)

how do i update my graphic card drivers and how do i tell which graphics card i have?...oh and im running XP

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
how do i update my graphic card drivers and how do i tell which graphics card i have?...oh and im running XP
Click Start --> Run, type dxdiag and press Enter. Check the Display tab in the program that opens. Pay attention to what it says next to Manufacturer and Chip Type.

Then go to the manufacturer's website and download the right driver update for your card. Run the driver update program and follow the on-screen prompts.