What's new

Project64 need SERIOUS help

wickedhamo

i have had the same problem as many other people had in when running project64 i get the error with something about direct3d..my computer has 2.79ghz & 448mb of RAM if that helps..i did the steps in finding out what graphics card i have but it doesnt have an actual graphics card showing, does this meen i dont have a graphics card??

mudlord

Banned
Go to "start", then "run" then type in "dxdiag".

then go to the "display" tab.

There's your video card info.

OP
W

wickedhamo

no thats the problem

ive done that and under device there is no name, chip type etc...
and under DirectX features the three options are unavailable

just downloaded Direct64 and made it a plugin, now when i goto play a game it comes up with the error message: "error creating Direct3d device"

anyone got any tips, help??

zaba_3

download latest drivers to your video card and try to change colors between 16 bit and 32 bit.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If dxdiag cannot find any kind of display device, your video card's drivers corrputed or your DirectX installation is corrput. (I'm surprised that you see anything if dxdiag can't even detect proper graphics card information and its drivers.

Since you obviously can't tell what video card you have, downloading drivers for it is a bit of a pain in the ass. You could download some other diagnostics programs (like Sandra) and check if they have better luck detecting graphics hardware.