What's new

problem with Mario Power Tennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dvpro

when i open up Mario Power Tennis in Dolphin emu ( i have 1.3 beta) it opens then it shows like 2 seconds of the game then the game freezes, can any one help me? the game is a .ISO and it should work. i am new to emulators so please help :D

thanks for your time

-Shin

You're not doing anything wrong, there is really no game that is playable on dolphin at this point. Wait for another dolphin release next decade..

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
You're not doing anything wrong, there is really no game that is playable on dolphin at this point. Wait for another dolphin release next decade..
Somebody doesn't have much faith in the emulator coders. Mario Power Tennis does work ingame (although admittingly not fast, you make it seem like no games work at all); however, I'm not sure if it is a default or workaround process however.

Perhaps you could try to change the ISO file to a GCM - that might be the issue.

OP
D

Dvpro

Somebody doesn't have much faith in the emulator coders. Mario Power Tennis does work ingame (although admittingly not fast, you make it seem like no games work at all); however, I'm not sure if it is a default or workaround process however.

Perhaps you could try to change the ISO file to a GCM - that might be the issue.

:O NO FAIR I WANNA PLAY MPT :< how do i change it to GCM? :x lol as i said before im new to this emulator business :) and what is a better emulator, i tried Dolwin but i could never find the actual exe just a bunch of files

Last edited:

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
how do i do that :x lol as i said before im new to this emulator business :)
Open the folder your ISOs are in and click "tools" on the menu bar, and select "folder options". Click the 'View' tab and uncheck an option in there for "hide extensions for known file types".

Then go back to your ISO and select rename, but change the ".ISO" at the end to ".GCM". Confirm all changes. :)

OP
D

Dvpro

Open the folder your ISOs are in and click "tools" on the menu bar, and select "folder options". Click the 'View' tab and uncheck an option in there for "hide extensions for known file types".

Then go back to your ISO and select rename, but change the ".ISO" at the end to ".GCM". Confirm all changes. :)

:) AWSOME THANKS :D and do i need a Joystick to play it or can i just rename the keys with my keyboard =D much thanks to you :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
:) AWSOME THANKS :D and do i need a Joystick to play it or can i just rename the keys with my keyboard =D much thanks to you :batman: :batman: :batman: :batman:
You can play with either. If your version of Dolphin has only the provided keyboard plugin, you can grab njoy at the Dolphin website and use that.

Don't expect very high speeds out of the emulator though, as there are major hardware handicaps with regards to the commands. But you'll certainly get a taste of the game.

OP
D

Dvpro

ok so this is what happends after i rename it from .ISO to .GCM

mptproblem.jpg

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Does it freeze there? That's a standard Gamecube selection screen for which TV signal you have. Simply select 60Hz if it has not stopped emulation.

OP
D

Dvpro

Does it freeze there? That's a standard Gamecube selection screen for which TV signal you have. Simply select 60Hz if it has not stopped emulation.

yes it freezes right their. uhm hwo do i change it to 60Hz hehe:sombrero:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
1. this thread is 10 years old and
2. Dolphin is not even being developed by the same team.
3. The new team has vastly improved the compatibility.
4. Starsscreech has be banned and can not reply.

But as far as your question goes this is where you may find the answer.
https://dolphin-emu.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.