What's new

2 different questions mostly about PJ64

Vboy

EmuCrazy
I've been using pj64 1.5 and it's run fast. Now all of a sudden it runs around 30 FPS, once again this just came out of nowhere. My brother waited when playing conkers bad fur day and then it went back to 60. But with the zeldas it runs in 30s and Super smash brothers runs 9. Even mario 64 is slow! Help?? Usually after this happens on PJ64 it happens in 1964 too.

Also I've used Nemu64 (no slowdowns at all) to play Majora but I can't enter the Milk bar, I had the same issue in OOT with entering the graveyard when Dampes around but I got around that by using the Nocturne of shadow. If I can't reach the Milk bar I can't get, the postmans hat, chatau romani, gorman mask, more notebook favors done, etc. Help? I want to use pj64 but it's going slow and 1964 has trouble wit majora.

OP
Vboy

Vboy

EmuCrazy
I just deleted like 6 GB on my pc and it's till slow. Every since I managed to finally get 1.6 to work, it started slow, and then made other PJ64's slow.. Sorry to bump.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
How much stuff you have on your hard drive have basically zero impact on rendering speed.

gforce75

Cloud
PJ 1.5? Have you tried the 1.6 that is updated? If you donate some cash, you can dl PJ 1.7 from the website.

OP
Vboy

Vboy

EmuCrazy
the otherday i deleted 3 gb and still slow. 1.6 cause this. 1,7 us also slow

gandalf

Member ready to help
maybe you have viruses in your computer and everything is slow.....

and stop talking about PJ64 1.7 it´s a leaked beta

Clements

Another possibility: Are you using vsync at all (through PJ64 or graphics drivers)?

If you are, switch to Triple Buffering in PJ64 and set vsync to Application controlled or equivalent.

OP
Vboy

Vboy

EmuCrazy
I already fixed this. Advanced block linking needs to be on. Even for games that need it off, it fixes pauses, but screws speed.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
no, no it doesn't, and shouldn't effect speed at all.

the only time it effects speed is if a memory resident scanner, is enabled,,,,