What's new

Help with plugins

Nerrad6786

Just yesterday my PJ64 was working fine. But today when I open it , it doesnt seems to work. It says my video plguin file is missing or invalid. I uninstalled many stuff yesterday to clear up unecessary programs (after I finished playing), could it be the cause?

Anyway, I tried to find another solution, i change the to the other plugin.

When i switch it to "Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2", it then says:

"Graphics Error

Direct3D failed to initialize your HAL device make sure you have properly configured 3D graphics card compatible with Direct3D6.0"

I search about the PJ64 forum here. I found no solution but there seemed to be this direct64 thing. I downloaded it and put in the plugins folder. Now there's no error but after my game load to 100%, it crashes and sends me the Send/Don't send report error.

It was working perfectly fine yesterday.

It seems the problems lies with direct3D. I have installed directx 8, 8.1 and 9. Even my other N64 emulators are also having errors of Direct3D. I've check that my version is 9.0

Can anybody help please? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Try updating your graphics drivers. Something might have corrupted them unexpectedly.

OP
N

Nerrad6786

How do I do that? Is it by the device manager way? I have tried clicking on update device, but it found nothing. Any suggestion?

Agozer

First and foremost, what graphics card do you have? You update your graphics drivers by downloading right drivers from the Internet and then installing them.

OP
N

Nerrad6786

Im not to sure about this type of stuff... but how to you find whats the card? from what i see people say, its the one at properties -> settings -> advance

Anyway, i tried clicking update, supposing if im on the right track, my comp found some updates. There were quite a few, so i chose one. Now my comp is a little crazy, gives up some glitchy graphics even when im not doing things, but PJ64 still doesnt work. The jabo plugin still has the error.

I hope i didnt mess up my comp..

Agozer

Yes, Radeon 9200 is your graphics card. IIRC, ATI dropped support for older Radeon models in its newer driver versions, so I'm thinking that Windows Update was stupid enough to offer you drivers that won't work right with the 9200.

Then again, I could be wrong.

In any case, I suggest you go to ATI's site and check their video card drivers for Radeons. make sure that you find a drivers that is supported by the card (you can do this by checking the release notes found with every driver package they offer).