What's new

3D Suggestion

ChrisXPZ

Hey a while ago I found something out that it seems no one else knows about 3D modeling! I notice when you look up and down, the corners of objects rotate with the Y axis but really it doesn't do that. The line is supposed to be connected on both sides to the point of strait up and strait down and curve according to the location of the object. I'm not sure if Rareware(R) knows this because in the game perfect dark they do something like that with the "Camspy" lens effect. the reason it looks like a wide angle lens shot is because it is far zoomed out from the original position so you can see the curves :) hope I'm helpful in later versions of PJ64!

PS I also want to be a beta tester WTF is up with that when will the registration be up again?

PSS Now that I mention it, has this already been fixed?

Last edited:

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Interesting, how knowledge about 3D modeling can help in emulator’s development? Emulator is a software incarnation of a game console. Does a console know about 3D modeling? No, its only task is to perform an already written program. Emulator does the same.
BTW, regarding "Camspy", the reason it looks like a wide angle lens shot is NOT because it is far zoomed out from the original position. It looks like lens because of non-trivial transformation of the frame buffer content. Knowledge of 3D modeling is useless for emulation of this effect. And yes, it is already emulated.

mudlord

Banned
PS I also want to be a beta tester WTF is up with that when will the registration be up again?

PSS Now that I mention it, has this already been fixed?

1) Dunno
2) Jabo is on a roll with fixing almost all of the framebuffer effects in hardware with concerns to Perfect Dark. Who knows that he has in his bag of tricks next, in the next private beta build, which is aimed towards framebuffer emulation.