What's new

Can't fight King dodongo

Vboy

EmuCrazy
I'm not sure why I can't fight king dodongo. It says unhandled opcode stopping emulation! I'm not sure if this has to do with me, having a deku stick on B, all equipment, all status/quest items, or any of that. I'm just curious because i'd like to start a new game but knowing that I can't play through it all just....
I'm using a rom called The legend of Zelda Ocarina of time (1.0) (U).n64
I also have The legend of Zelda Ocarina of time (1.1) (U).v64
Do you think switching versions would help?

Allnatural

Scan the rom(s) with GoodN64. There should be a [!] in the filename, which tells you that the rom isn't bad, hacked, etc.

psyren

As Clements wrote, I have read several places that using the cheats can mess up saved games and playing the game itself, so I'd say that was probably the problem.

Really, you don't need any cheats to beat King Dodongo anyway. Find a good walkthrough first. If you are really having trouble and need to use them, then try just using max heart containers and infinite ammo to get through the tough battles, then turn them off the rest of the time.

And how did you ever manage to get a Deku stick assigned to "B" ?

OP
Vboy

Vboy

EmuCrazy
I know I don't need cheats. I've already beaten the game on nemu64. I was just using cheats messing around and wanted another heart container for 8 but it kept crashing.

And how did you ever manage to get a Deku stick assigned to "B" ?

You need 1.0
As adult link you need hover boots, then pay to fish and hover above the water and cast out. Walk to the door and leave then you have the fishing rod outside. Jump into the water, then hop onto land, pause, unpause and you have a deku stick on B but it will freeze if you have more than 0 deku sticks.

As child link you need to fall off of one of the rocks correctly and everything happens like adult link except it won't freeze by pressing B.