What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

UnaidedCoders Starfox Retexturing Project

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
Ok, this is my first time retexturing an N64 game, which I have been working on for roughly two weeks casually now. Since this is the primary RICE forum, i should post the WIP progress here.

Screens:

More after the break:
  Spoiler:

Download:
Direct Download

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
UnaidedCoder

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
95% of the game is finished. Pretty much every campagin level, most of the commchannels, the letters in the names (numbers will take no time) and some logos.

I'm not working on everything. there are some textures i am leaving unmodified for different reasons:

Accomplished/Complete/Level Name/Opeing logo: These are made of dozens of 1 pixel high textures each, that would need to be assembled, modified, broken down, and readded one by one. That would take forever.

Water and the solar boss: For some reason rice won't upload the modified textures of these animations, but will use the animation for the sun surface on solar. Probably the number of frames or something.

Dialogue text: 95 individual textures you can read fine, but i may hunt em all downlater. They were placed in the folders as they were used in game, obviously.

Some level textures: They won't dump, like some textures on corneria, sector z, and the floor of the bolse level. Gonna delete the dumped textures later and try getting them then cause they may be dumped but lost in the mass pile of textures somehow.

Also, I wish I had access to the models >_> anyone know of something to get the models out of the game?

OP
UnaidedCoder

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
I'll release it upon completion. Releasing the wip now wouldn't accomplish much since it's almost done, but in fragments. Won't take much longer.

Anyone care to help me with my model extraction perdicament?

Syphe D. Mar

Woah... I've been waiting for one for a long time now... :D Awesome. One thing that bugs me is that General Pepper looks too much like he does in Assault, which is like... 10 years after Star Fox 64. Also, the three pilots I've seen looks a bit awkward, but that's just me. :)

Oh yeah, I think the water can be textured. I think someone attempted it showed a preview of the water. KerberK, I think.

And you're gonna remodel them too? Even neater. :D

Last edited:
OP
UnaidedCoder

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
Know who? Cause I've also noticed that rice dumps an OBSCENE amount of water textures, FAR more than the game implements (several hundred frames my ass). That may be the problem.

It can;t involve my batch automate cause the solar "water" came out just fine.

OP
UnaidedCoder

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
Sorry guys, gonna have to wait another day. Too many things came up today for me to worry about :(

I'm going to release what i got done so far hopefully within half an hour (been takcling some graphical errors for a good bit of the day). Shoudl i just edit the first post with the link or make a new topic?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
UnaidedCoder

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
I have a request for people interested in this pack:

I want someone else to try and get the textures for the characters z and v of the thick text used in names and initials. i cannot get them for whatever reason. Similarly, I cannot retrieve the numeric characters of the same style used for the numbers in timers and scores on the stats page.

Hopefully someone else will have more success dumping them.