What's new

Best graphics plugins for Mupen64 in Linux

TwistedWhizz

OK, I'm using the rather funky Mupen64 on my beloved Ubuntu desktop, and for the most part it really does the job. But I was just wondering, are there any other plugins I could download to further enhance the emulation of my favourite games? I'm using the default plugins that come with version 0.05, but if anyone can recommend some extra sets that I should try I would be most grateful.

Many thanks! :mupen64:

Tillmann

Whatever
well...
The best plugin overall it's glide64 with ziggy patches...
right behind ricevideo6.10 (HIRES TEXTUREX RLZ!!!!), and gl64
glidemesp8 it's ok...

You need to try it out to see... :)

GarulfoLinux

yes i think that the best grahic plugin is Glide64.
Rice's plugin is nice but for me, i met some problem with it.
However, glN64 is great for some games ;) . it is a good plugin as well as Glide64.

As Tillmann said, you should try out them. :) .

In fact, if a graphic plugin doesn't works well with any game, try a another graphic plugin.

OP
T

TwistedWhizz

Thanks for your replies folks. I'm using mostly Glide64 which does the job pretty much. I only have a fairly bog-standard Geforce FX5600XT, and I was just noticing some lag here and there. It performs just fine with most other games, including PJ64 in Windows. But I was hoping there might be some other plugins available somewhere on top of what I've already got. I use Linux much more than Windows these days, so PJ64 isn't really an alternative....I want to see it run better in Linux!!

I'm having problems with the Rice plugin too Garufo. It seems OK at first, but then the screen starts to flash while you're playing on, say, Super Mario 64 for example. Plus, I can't even get the OpenGL one to work at all. It just freezes Mupen, and then nothing happens.

Cheers again for the replies. :)

OP
T

TwistedWhizz

That's it yeah. Am I right in presuming that that's how it looks on yours permanently? Mine occasionally flashes while you play, and if you could manage to take a snapshot of it when it flashes, it would look much like that. Yep, it's blue and funny just like your pic. Is there a way to fix this, other than using a different plugin of course?