What's new

Vista issues

SlymeTyme

i have project 64 on my vista home premium pc, and whenever i play a game, after a while my entire pc reboots.does anyone know how to fix this?

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
yeah, don't use Retail BETA operating systems

(for anyone that doesn't know what a Retail Beta is, its an OS released by microsoft before it has had its first Service Pack)

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
it seems that your cpu is over heating go into the power mangment and click profomance box see if that helps.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Simply clicking the performance button doesn't really solve the issue. If you are going to offer advice, at least follow all the way through.

happyprozak

I've had some Vista issues as well. Surprisingly turning off aero makes the emulator run slower!

That's right, I turned off aero(not fully because currently microsoft hasn't provided a way to fully turn off aero) and the emulator ran slower.

Anyways, PJ64 said that they'll be developing for Vista pretty soon. Give them another 3 months and we'll have a version addressing Vista and with that, I think our bug issues will be mostly resolved.

CF2

Pretends to make sense
If PJ64 can cause a spontaneous reboot, there's something wrong with your system. Make sure all the drivers are up to date. axcc123 is probably right though. I'd check your CPU temperature.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
I've had some Vista issues as well. Surprisingly turning off aero makes the emulator run slower!

That's right, I turned off aero(not fully because currently microsoft hasn't provided a way to fully turn off aero) and the emulator ran slower.

Anyways, PJ64 said that they'll be developing for Vista pretty soon. Give them another 3 months and we'll have a version addressing Vista and with that, I think our bug issues will be mostly resolved.

none of the team said anything about developing for vista.

it will be compatible yes, but it won't be developed, for vista.