What's new

Need help installing Rice Video Plugin

Will Parry

I'm trying to install some texture packs for a few roms, but i can't get the Rice video (stable) plugin to work! I installed the debug plugin for it as well, and when it loads, it displays the message "Device does not support FSAA
Max Anisotropy: 4" I'm kindof a noob, but know the basics of running emulators. Noone else seemed to have this problem on the FAQ's. Can someone please help me?:(

the master 123

I would assume you using a intel gma 950(since you said duo) It is a video card issue. since intel core dual 1 and 2 use the 945 series chipset and that the brand name. It because the intel card doesn't support full screen antialasing at all (or fsaa) I know because i have a dual graphic system on my laptop with that card with the same brand name(other card is for gaming and is in sig). In other word there is no fix and since this is a notebook unless you get a different plugin this option isn't available to you. I guess someone will have to tell you a different plugin that can do this or you have to use a different computer for this option.

Clements

I would try disabling anti-aliasing and reducing Anisotropic filtering to 4 (or disabling it) in the plugin options for Rice's Video, and see if you can get any further.

Iconoclast

The error can only be prevented for sure by getting an NVidia GeForce or ATI Radeon card. Your Intel card notedly supports Anisotropic Filtering, which I think affects game geometry with far away objects or something like that, but not Full Screen Anti-Aliasing, or FSAA, a setting that smoothens polyhedric edges via placement of partically transparent pixels.

Both of these are unneeded for graphics emulation and don't necessarily fix game issues, but you will likely need a better graphics card.

The default options for both AA and FSAA are disabled in Rice's Video Plugin, at least last time I bothered even looking at the DirectX tab. :p