What's new

Saving and graphical errors for project 64

DemonicDragon

Yeah, I'm the type of guy who likes to save a lot just make sure he keeping all of progress. Anyways I've experienced technical errors about state saving on Project N64. I'll like save my state the night before and try to load and it'll give me this bullshit like I never saved it, although I can remember that I did. Note-this has happened to me about 5 or 6 times & the only game I've ran on PJ64 is ogre battle 64 which I downloaded from ***, in cut scenes I also experience a strange thick line across the screen. Anyways if any knows how to get my states back that would be awesome, some states still work but others commended. also I heard that this the best n64 emulator, thats bull.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iconoclast

Yeah, I'm the type of guy who likes to save a lot just make sure he keeping all of progress. Anyways I've experienced technical errors about state saving on Project N64. I'll like save my state the night before and try to load and it'll give me this bullshit like I never saved it, although I can remember that I did. Note-this has happened to me about 5 or 6 times & the only game I've ran on PJ64 is ogre battle 64 which I downloaded from *ROMs website*, in cut scenes I also experience a strange thick line across the screen. Anyways if any knows how to get my states back that would be awesome, some states still work but others commended. also I heard that this the best n64 emulator, thats bull.
Might want to remove that link there; on this site, it's illegal to link to sites like that. Not trying to point you out or anything; just saying, better warned than banned in this case.

So, how exactly do you save your states on Project64? Do you go System/Save As, and then type a file name, or do you just go System/Save (or press the F5 key)? Depending on which method you tried, you'll want to load it the corresponding way. If you pressed F5 or chose System/Save, you want to load it via the F7 key or System/Load, but the Load command will not detect the save file if you saved it with a custom file name, in which case, if you did, you want to choose System/Load As to browse for the file.

A side question, what tells you that the claim of Project64 being the best is bull?

OP
D

DemonicDragon

I always use the quicksave function. Anyways I got a high rank for it on zophar's an emulator that just randomly deletes save files, please theres got to be something better than that.BTW: I'm no newb to emulation, just can't find any good reason that my save files suddenly don't exist besides the emulator.

Last edited:

Iconoclast

And yet, I'm uncertain to the science behind such a happening, even considering blaming the emulator.

Maybe the emulator won't find the save file, but can you see it under the Save subfolder of where you have Project64 installed? Should be a zipped save state.

OP
D

DemonicDragon

Well, I saved the last state in the default slot so it should be the one without the # next to it right? If thats so it gives me more crap about how the its not a vaild archive, download it again, you know I played this game over again just so I could get back where I last saved and don't even get because of this crap which doesn't even make sense. When I saved states with snes emus I never had these gay problems. I been emulating for about 4 freaking and this has never happened, though this the first and last N64 I'll try to emulate, not because of the error, but because I downloaded the emulator for sole purpose of getting this game and now things are corrupt for no good reason.

Iconoclast

The file named, under the case of Ogre Battle 64, should be "Ogre Battle 64 (U).pj.zip"...I think. Meh, internal game names. So, if you follow the below steps, and it doesn't work, then I'm stumped. But if you Load As and then choose the file only to see that Project64 thinks it's corrupt, try opening the zip archive with an archiver, extracting the save, and seeing if Project64 can read it then?