What's new

Help!

HeyYoWL

Alright so I just recently got a new computer, with the key points being an Intel Core2Duo e6600 CPU, an Nvidia 8800 GTS 640MB video card, and a Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer all running on Windows Vista. I tried running off CD-Rs and it just would not load. If I tried to use the ASPI CD plugin it said cannot read TOC, if I tried the xxx plugin it just goes to play an audio CD! The only thing I got working so far is SF3, but even that has problems. It runs way too fast (monitor is already running at 60Hz refresh rate), and the sound stutters. If someone could tell me of any way I can fix any of these problems I would really appreciate it!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Use nullDC. Also make sure that your games are selfboot or use a bootdisc to run them. I would also recommend not to run the games from CD-Rs, instead rip them into CD image (applicable to nullDC especially).

OP
H

HeyYoWL

Ok well the thing is, they worked fine before when I had a P4 1.7Ghz with Radeon 9700 Pro on XP. It ran slow, but it at least it loaded. Now however, it's not loading at all. =\