What's new

shame on you compat list maker

coolaid

evolution does not work beyond dungeon 2 due to a perma freeze, which is quite early on in the game, i understand there are alot of games out there with too many problems, but stating that the game is playable in the compat list is just beyond acceptable.

first of all, the playable list claims it got games that had been throughly played though from the beginning to the end and have either been confirm to be playable or reported as partially playable due to bugs that occour during the middle of the game. due to this i assume the compat list maker only judge the game's playability by playing through it, and from this i assume you only place games in the playable list after you throughly played through it?

apprently if you throughly test all the games in the playable list, why didn't you do it for evolution? because if you did then you'll know the error that have occour EARLY on in the game, a critial error which renders the game unplayable, how can an error this early be missed at all?

if you haven't test out this game throughly then why are you listing it in the playable?

now this brings me to a very worried conclusion, if you can put something as unplayable as evolution on the playable list (in which, again the critial error occour quite early on in the game), if something as important and unmissable is overlook and neglect as swiftly as such, then this seriosly comprimise the whole so called "playable" list; if an early fatal error such as this can be missed so easily then i seriously doubt the ligitity of the entire 'playable' list itself.

are all the other games as playable as they claim they are?
the so called "works perfectly" statement, are they as accurate as they are?
perhaps the 'fully playable' statement are only defined by what the first menu screen looks like?

there have been numerours reports of this game unable to function after just 2 dungeons into the game IN THIS FORUM, , not only was the game not removed from the playable list, but continue to remain there up until this day, this seriously and easily brings the whole list into question as to how accurate it really is.

children, if you do not know what i'm talking about, then restrain yourself from removing this post, wait until big daddy(that's mister moderators to you) come so we as civilized adults can talk about this personally. thank you for your kind cooperation.

i'm waiting.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
No compatibility list is 100% accurate and very few people have the time to play through each game to verify that they work without noticeable errors.

Also, I wouldn't fret about Chankast anymore if I were you, since a better emulator has already been released.

OP
coolaid

coolaid

not really, nulldc has so many graphic glitches and audio problems that the only thing good about the emu is that it's new graphics plugin has alot of potential although still needs work.

i did manage to get past the freeze point using nulldc and demul, yes you heard right, demul! and made a save file past the freeze which works on chankest after some tweak, i actually beated the game and it seems chankest has no problems afterwards, runs like a dream.

EVO ran much slower on nulldc and has worst graphics than chankest, i think the only thing bad about chankest is that games like sheumme and EVO freezes at a certain critial point in chankest, i think this has to do with the internal programming as i've personally test evo using the save file on demul, it ran slow, but it too, like nulldc, was able to smoothly get past the freezeing point, i think had a little more work been done on chankest, it would have been a *working* emu for a lot of games which also has freezeing problems.