What's new

why is my Resident evil 2 file messed up

snypershot

I have the three copys (japanese, euro, and american) then american one has no voices. The euro one is messing with the screen (the american one has a messed up screen as well( as in the screen won't be full) is there any why to fix this. I downloaded the file like 3 times today. its an hour download.

this is the only game that messes up so bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

the master 123

I think this is a issue of the emulator, in the known issues it has
Resident Evil 2
* depth/sprite depth problems in some games
Some games have problems where sprites show through things that should block them. Sometimes using D3D transformation pipeline helps, but in many cases there is no fix for this other than using a 3rd party video plugin.
* games with audio problems (MuysX)
The following games use MusyX audio compression technology and are known to have issues - typically samples sound very garbled/glitchy/unpleasant or are missing, whilst other components of sound (e.g. background music) may be unaffected. We believe this is due to timing being innacurate in the core.

There is no fix for these issues other than using a 3rd party audio plugin with its own sync method, OR using a different emulator (core).

It is problem that you refiering to, what is you computer spec and the plugin you using. also the other game known issue is here . I remove some reducted info that wasn't related.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Play the PSX version while you wait for possible fixes for Resident Evil 2 for the N64. The PSX version is superior anyway.

OP
S

snypershot

yeah I have the game and the system. Its just you know I legally do this. I have the system and game but they don't work anymore. besides the N64 one has more stuff on it. I'm an RE fanitic.

as for the problem is that the cars i go right through. I don't hear voices. the screen comes in wards with chunks of screen on the right side. soon enough the top part has chunks coming out of it.

pentium 4

256 ram

Nivida GX 6400 (to the best of my belief.)