What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Conker's Bad Fur Day re-texture. (PJ64 1.7)

guardianhx

Alright, so I'm updating the look of ConkerBFD with textures that look more appealing. I haven't gotten too far, and my gamepad is extremely buggy, so it's hard for me to test some of these in-game.

Anyways, here's a preview picture, and some of the textures I have so far.
Note: These aren't "HIGH resolution" most of them are just double the size. Hires doesn't work too well for me, and makes my game lag.

I'll mention what I've done even though most of the texture are in the screens.

1) I re-textured the squirrels face, he has the big eyebrows that the squirrels do in Conker: Live and re-loaded.

2) The squirrels helmet isn't a blurry blob anymore. It's now hires camouflage. :3

3) The bazooka has a darker look, and it's alot smoother. I also did a parody of Halo on the texture. Notice the words, "SPNKR" on it? (Spanker)

4) Notice the tail? It's not as blurry, and the white is more squirrel-like.

5) I have only done the Teddiz belly so far, but they'll look alot meaner then they used too. Red eyes, perhaps?

6) I'm only online on Saturdays and Sundays. My life is very hectic. So if you don't get a response for a week, that's why.

Anyways, feedback would be nice, and if you can help me with making these textures work outside of PJ64 1.7 beta, so they load with Rice's plug-in, that'd be nice. 'Cause I'm too lazy to dump the textures with PJ64 1.6 and paste the newer images over the textures that get dumped with different names. (If you understood that.)

Keep in mind that these textures must be placed in PJ64 1.7 beta's "texture-load" folder, in a folder called, "CONKER BFD". The attachments DO NOT have all the textures so far! These are only a preview, I will upload all of them when I finish a set, (When I, say, finish all the textures for the combat squirrels, I'll upload them.) Also, I won't be able to update often, as I'm not online very much.

~Thank you.

Last edited:
OP
guardianhx

guardianhx

Wow, I already got a reply. >w<b Thanks!
I like the multiplayer modes in this game alot, but the blurry graphics bug me alot, so that's why I'm doing this.

Datadayne

I know what you mean. I expect this pack to be used by people who like playing a n64 game but want to keep it original yet give it a cleaner look. (people like me)

OP
guardianhx

guardianhx

Exactly.
Here's what I hope to get done by the end of the week.
Finish all the Combat Squirrels textures.
Start working on the Teddiz.
Make the grass texture ALOT crisper. (It's SO blurry!)
Start working on the weapons and minor effects. (After I finish the Teddiz)

I'll focus on getting the textures used in Total War done before I go onto anything else. The blood textures are already pretty crisp, so I'm debating on whether or not to edit those. After I finish most of the multiplayer textures, I'll start working on porting them to work on Rice's plugin if no one else wants to do that, or unless the textures work with PJ64 1.6 without having to re-name them.

OP
guardianhx

guardianhx

Conker's Bad Fur Day re-texture. (PJ64 1.7)-Update 0.1.

I updated the clothes. They look more like Conker: Live and Re-loaded now.
I may change the helmet a little bit, so it fits the clothes more. And although the hands look crappy, they look like armored gloves if you see the underside.

What do you guys think?
As soon as the squirrels are done, I'll give out the textures for them. (Although I doubt it will be today or tomorrow.)

OP
guardianhx

guardianhx

Feel free to call me, "HX" or "GHX" for short. ^_^
I won't be done this for quite some time. But so far, it's easier and far more fun then I expected! I'm not sure what game I should do next, when the time comes... Pretty much all the good games have been done already.
Megaman Legends, perhaps? Hmmm....

mudlord

Banned
So far your pack looks good, keep it up.

As a suggestion, post your progress on the PJ64 beta forum (that is, if you are using a legit plugin and NOT a leak).

kthnxbai.

OP
guardianhx

guardianhx

Unfortunately, I have no possible way of ordering/paying for anything online, so I wasn't able to donate to PJ64. I ended up finding a leak, (It's whereabouts remains secret unless the PJ64 creators are worried and want to know.).
If I ever get a paypal account or something, I'll donate to PJ64 and get an official copy to make up for the loss. But so far, that's pretty much impossible for me. ;_;

Anyways, I'll work on some more textures later on, and hopefully get further ahead. Any suggestions to make the helmet match the clothes a little more? I was thinking of maybe putting a little tan-colored strap across it.

mudlord

Banned
I ended up finding a leak, (It's whereabouts remains secret unless the PJ64 creators are worried and want to know.).

Odds are, they know where the leak is :shifty:. Its possible to keep tabs on where everything goes....

Anyways, I'll work on some more textures later on, and hopefully get further ahead. Any suggestions to make the helmet match the clothes a little more? I was thinking of maybe putting a little tan-colored strap across it.

Sounds cool.

OP
guardianhx

guardianhx

Woohoo! Alright, so I've got almost every texture done for the Combat Squirrels, and decided to release a pack. The only texture that isn't done is the texture for the bottom of their shoes. I changed the brown grips to silver, and when they walk, it's still brown underneath. X_x It's not very noticeable, though. Although no matter how hard I look, I can't find that one texture. >_< So I'm not sure if the emulator dumped it.

Also, I'm releasing a Bazooka pack, too. Enjoy! And read the readme for instructions on where to put the pack, AND instructions on how to use the optional textures. (There's 2 different helmets for those who don't like the plain, tan colored one.)

Ehh.. Double post... >_>
I changed the sign that appears on the wall, what do you guys think?

Feedback helps me to keep on going.
Incase you can't read the small text, it says, "This sign is here to p**s you off and may cause nauziness. Avoid at all costs." (Something tells me I spelled that wrong.)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
guardianhx

guardianhx

Here's the tediz face. I used a picture from Conker: Live and Reloaded for ideas, such as the eyes. They look alot better then the simple black dots.

One thing I'm not very good at texturing, is walls and floors. I'm not sure how everyone else does it, do you take textures from around the internet? Or do you re-make them yourselves? I'm curious.

EDIT: Just so you all know, after a few more hours, I won't be back until next Saturday or so. That's how my schedule works. ;-:

Datadayne

Here's the tediz face. I used a picture from Conker: Live and Reloaded for ideas, such as the eyes. They look alot better then the simple black dots.

One thing I'm not very good at texturing, is walls and floors. I'm not sure how everyone else does it, do you take textures from around the internet? Or do you re-make them yourselves? I'm curious.

EDIT: Just so you all know, after a few more hours, I won't be back until next Saturday or so. That's how my schedule works. ;-:

All my textures are completly made by me. What I do is, if I will be retexturing something (say an office wall) then I would go to google, search office walls>image and use it as refrence. I try to replicating them. Rocky walls are the hardest for me, the easiest for me would be brick walls.

Syphe D. Mar

No problems with the texture, or at least, no in terms of quality. The model is butt-ugly, though. XD Doubt it's worth fixing. :p Anyway, nice job.

OP
guardianhx

guardianhx

Conker's Bad Fur ay retexture project. Testpack 0.001 released!

Alrighties, I'm back!

Here's a whole whack of new textures, including Tediz, Weapons, HUD icons, some text (I'm missing the N texture... No idea where it went.) and much more!!

Please, try it out! And if anyone wants to re-name these to their counterpart textures ripped from Rice's plugin, PLEASE do so! Then other people can use these with PJ 64 1.6!

I changed the Squirrels helmet, (again). It's a little blurry, so I'll have to increase the size even more sometime soon.