What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Conker's Bad Fur Day re-texture. (PJ64 1.7)

Datadayne

I will try converting them to rice. I will start tonight, but it might take some time. Jabo and rice dumps the textures differently, so it will probably take lots of resizing.

OP
guardianhx

guardianhx

Thank you! I really appreciate it, man!
Wouldn't it be possible to copy the names that Rice's plugin uses and paste them over the PJ 64 1.7 textures?

mudlord

Banned
Thank you! I really appreciate it, man!
Wouldn't it be possible to copy the names that Rice's plugin uses and paste them over the PJ 64 1.7 textures?

Jabo and I have discussed this at length, and it was decided it is not possible.

There are several reasons why:

1) Jabo's plugin uses MD5 checksums, Rice's uses CRC32
2) Jabo's plugin uses non power-of-two textures, Rice's only supports textures that are in a power of 2
3) Due to how the plugins emulate the N64 graphics,its unfeasible for things to be perfect.

So. basically, what you are asking is near to impossible. Sorry.

Cyberman

Yes renaming won't make them power of two multiples, nor will it allow them being identifiable with the 32 bit CRC check. How the textures are processed leads to descrepencies even if mudlord used an MD5 based computation. So this is just something that is not easy to do. Perhaps in the future maybe, for now too many differences. Nothing is so simple huh? :D

Cyb

Mollymutt

Couldn't you just take a 1.7 texture, copy it to another file, resize it to fit on a 1.6 texture, and drag it onto a dumped 1.6 texture?

OP
guardianhx

guardianhx

I've been posting the following on the forums I usually visit.

---
I'll be going to Calgary this coming week to visit some relatives, on the 25th, I may or may not be able to use the internet this coming weekend since I'll be making preparations. It may be a week or so until I get back.
---

So I'll work on my texture pack this week for as long as I can, continue doing the other stuff I'm working on, (Stuff that I've been doing for other forums and sites, such as my fanfiction, pictures, etc.)

So after another hour or so, I'll be offline until next Saturday, (IF I get a chance to come one during the couple days before I go.) Otherwise, I'll see ya'll in a couple weeks. ^_^;

Hmmm...
Now, in the meantime... What should I do? More weapon textures... or maybe some more character textures... I want to change the frenchie's mustache to a handlebar mustache, since it seems like it's a flat texture.

mudlord

Banned
Couldn't you just take a 1.7 texture, copy it to another file, resize it to fit on a 1.6 texture, and drag it onto a dumped 1.6 texture?

Well, that would be quite hackish, not to mention insanely manual-intensive on labour. I'd say, for now, its best not bothering. There's too much things that can (and will) go wrong.

OP
guardianhx

guardianhx

Didn't get to post here last week to say....
The trip to Calgary was postponed since my sister got sick.
For textures, I've got a few regular textures done, such as the mud, wood, and a few other things. I changed the caveman's butts to be a flat yellow, as to get rid of their horrible little buttcracks that stick out whenever you crawl around. if you look closely, their bums say, "Made in China.'

I'll post an update pack when I get some more done.

Skiller

Hello i was wondering i have tried this out and it isn't working for me i have put it in the folder and everything rice works but it just doesn't load the texture it says it loads them but it doesn't show up in gameplay help would be appreciated