What's new

Ok how in the world do I get Project64k to work?

Daniel002

Every time I open a game in Project64k (even if it's not online) the thing just stops working and I get: "Project64k has stopped working windows is looking for a solution" EVERY SINGLE TIME

online and offline please help :plain:

malu4u2h8

i get the same message pj64 works on my desktop with windows xp but for some reason i get that same message everytime i try to load a rom with my laptop which has windows vista

Iconoclast

I had forgotten the inter-OS realm of issues.

I mean, I was going to say, is he trying to say that error is in the 1.4 binary or something....

Vista does so much differently with some of the N64 emulators. Not much I can say; try 1964, which doesn't use DirectSound.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
I had forgotten the inter-OS realm of issues.

I mean, I was going to say, is he trying to say that error is in the 1.4 binary or something....

Vista does so much differently with some of the N64 emulators. Not much I can say; try 1964, which doesn't use DirectSound.

Vista supports Dsound software

only dsound 3d and dsound hardware are removed.

Jabos Dsound plugin has always used software mixing.

Iconoclast

Oh, quiet over there, you...thing, you! :p heheh

Yadayada like I didn't read you the first time. Now, whether software mixing was used in that version of DirectSound (1.4.x) I don't know, nor whether this is really even releated to the issue, but point being, just use a better NetPlay emulator. If and when zilmar puts NetPlay into Project64, according to some of the discussions on the beta forum, I think the team will have a good idea on how to release a NetPlay-supporting version of Project64 without this issue with Vista, but until then, use Mupen64k or 1964.