What's new

Making videos

jackschmidt

EmuTalker
Hi,

Can someone tell me how do I make gameplay videos using Mupen? I tried the recording with the .rec file but Mupen tells me I cannot use it when I'm processing raw input.

I'm using an N64 controller, by the way.

Any luck I'll be able to get some videos recorded?

Iconoclast

...I didn't even know Mupen64 cound do that...I thought it was just Nemu64 that could.

"Raw input" seems to refer to the input plugin automatically handling data instead of the user specifying settings for it, or at least that's what I'm prejudging by when I tried using N-Rage's DirectInput plugin.

OP
J

jackschmidt

EmuTalker
There's a recording menu on Mupen 0.5. From there you can record what I presume are key inputs and it was a rec2avi option too.

I'm not sure how it all works though, I wanted to make an Asmodeus fight video but the recording thing just did not work.

Hacktarux... any ideas?

mudlord

Banned
There's a recording menu on Mupen 0.5. From there you can record what I presume are key inputs and it was a rec2avi option too.

I'm not sure how it all works though, I wanted to make an Asmodeus fight video but the recording thing just did not work.

Hacktarux... any ideas?

You need to looking to the re-recording version of Mupen64, which was made by nitsuja. It should be on tasvideos.org..........................

OP
J

jackschmidt

EmuTalker
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Interesting that he says to uncheck the raw data. Perhaps I can already try it to see if it works...

OP
J

jackschmidt

EmuTalker
I just checked Mupen 0.5 again. I did not need the special build of Mupen. I managed to un-check Raw Data which made the recording work.

Thanks for the help.

OP
J

jackschmidt

EmuTalker
Well... I didn't know that. I downloaded it anyway just to be sure I don't lose it.

Right now, I only encoded my real run, which is fine for me... strange that Xvid and uncompressed video recording did not work. Only WMV worked fine.