What's new

Problems with running ooT on Debian Lenny

klebstreifen

Hello.

I am very new with n64-Emulators, so please do not hate me if I post something dumb :drool: and please excuse me for my bad english.

I am trying to run mupen64 on debian lenny, and it works quite good for Super Mario 64 so far. But wen running Zelda - Ocarina of Time then some stones and switches are not shown. I am hung up in the first dungeon at the room with the roll with the barbs and the switch which should be under water. But there is no switch under water. I have seen the same ROM running perfectly on other people's (Windows-)PCs (dont know the exact emulator they used), so I think it is not the Fault of the ROM.

In a room before, one stone wasnt shown (one of these stones which fall as soon as you jump on them).

I have tried many configurations. Pure Interpreter, Dynamic Recompiler, Interpreter, and several graphical Plugins, but only the "Glide64 v0.7 ME SP8" works fine.

I am using (its simply the only one i have) the RSP-Plugin "Hacktarux/Azimer hle rsp plugin".

I dont know much about such things. But as I see many people have already played Zelda successfully on Mupen64, so I dont know, maybe I am doing something wrong.

Can anybody help?

Tillmann

Whatever
aren't you been playing oot MASTER QUEST?
The dungeons are diferent...
ps:
I've never seen this error...
try gl64 or glide64 as video plugin!

OP
K

klebstreifen

Hello. Sorry. I didnt tell the Forum to inform me about Answers per Mail, so I didnt watch on the Forum till now.

Thank you very much for the many Answers.

No, it is not Master Quest. At least I hope so.

Hm... Ok... At first I will check if It's Master Quest. I have to admit, I dont even know oot master quest, I never played it. Is there any difference before the first Dungeon (deku-tree), where you can see if it is Master Quest?
The Title-Screen at least sais, it is "Ocarina Of Time", no Master Quest.

But... I get similar Errors with Majora's Mask. I never had a Problem which made it impossible to proceed, but sometimes Polygons are not shown from certain Perspectives, which can really be obfuscating.

Ok. After this, I will try to compile myself. And if this fails, I will give some Screenshots as far as I can do, or... I could even record it (on one Room in the Dungeon you can only see that a stone isnt shown by jumping on that stone) in a short movie.

Thank you so far.

Tillmann

Whatever
Hello. Sorry. I didnt tell the Forum to inform me about Answers per Mail, so I didnt watch on the Forum till now.

Thank you very much for the many Answers.

No, it is not Master Quest. At least I hope so.

Hm... Ok... At first I will check if It's Master Quest. I have to admit, I dont even know oot master quest, I never played it. Is there any difference before the first Dungeon (deku-tree), where you can see if it is Master Quest?
The Title-Screen at least sais, it is "Ocarina Of Time", no Master Quest.

But... I get similar Errors with Majora's Mask. I never had a Problem which made it impossible to proceed, but sometimes Polygons are not shown from certain Perspectives, which can really be obfuscating.

Ok. After this, I will try to compile myself. And if this fails, I will give some Screenshots as far as I can do, or... I could even record it (on one Room in the Dungeon you can only see that a stone isnt shown by jumping on that stone) in a short movie.

Thank you so far.

would you post a screenshot?
It looks like a problem with gl64 plugin( sometimes, only with zelda games, the polygons go away n' are replaced by some random color of the scene)

OP
K

klebstreifen

Ok.

It took some time, but... Due to a bug in Xserver-Xorg-Debian-Package, i had to upgrade my nvidia-driver (i normally dont upgrade them so often, because it takes usually a lot of time and system-crashes). Now it seems to work almost perfectly. The Switch is shown (and I did the first dungeon in the same night when installing the newer nvidia-driver).

So far, i have no problems. Thank you.