What's new

Apollo v0.10 Updates

Jin_Kazama

Hi,

I have been working on the Apollo source code the past couple of days and have implemented:

- Limit FPS
- Started working on an early spec for the RomBrowser plugin support that Azimer was wanting in an upcoming Apollo version before the source was released to the public.

The RomBrowser is in early dev stages and is buggy but i hope to have those issues sorted out very soon.

Reading the docs that came with the source to Apollo i see that there is a bug with the savestates?? would anyone out there have any info on what the saves are/arent doing properly?? and i'll take a look at that as well.

Hope to have an update for you soon. Will be a bit busy the next 2 weekends with a Stag doo and then a birthday party the following weekend. but I will be working with the source code at work when i should be doing "real work" lol

Tillmann

Whatever
i'm glad to see someone working on another n64 emulator.
Good luck!

PS: apollo could be renamed to Phoenix64 :p (just kidding) !!!

OP
Jin_Kazama

Jin_Kazama

Well most of the probs with the RomBrowser plugin are now sorted. I have one outstanding issue which is when you close a rom the the listview is re-created but wheneve you click a menu item from file, options etc... the listview disappears and goes a bit crazy. It only looses it's focus once a rom has closed. On initial lauch it creates the view fine and does not disappear. I will be taking a closer look at this today.

If anyone has any suggestions on this small problem please let me now.

Last edited:

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Good to hear someone is messing around with the source. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at my email address... azimer at yahoo dot com

OP
Jin_Kazama

Jin_Kazama

Sorry for the lack of updates I have been away on holiday to magaluf living up the club life :p

I will also be moving house within the next week or so. Everything is just coming all at once at the moment.

I will try and get a release put up for you ASAP for you to play around with and test.

Azimer-
Thanks for your support. You will prob be getting a couple of emails :)

OP
Jin_Kazama

Jin_Kazama

yeah i'm still working on it just had some un expected problems that i had to deal with first with my job and PC then deciding to burn out the hard drive but all is good now.

OP
Jin_Kazama

Jin_Kazama

Hi,

Here is a current test build for you to try. It includes the rombrowser plugin but its still buggy just not had chance to sort it out.

There is also the FPS limit option as well.

:apollo:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Nice to still see some guys working on this great piece of history!
Probably in some future apollo will get the attention it deserves!
Will also test this, if I find some freetime!

bjz

I added a rom browser to apollo before the source was out. :D Good luck though hope you keep working on it.

bjz

Yeah I would have messaged you a long time ago but all my old icq stuff got deleted so I lost every contact I had. :D If you have AIM or YahooIM feel free to add me. billyzimmerman is the name for both of them. I haven't coded in a while. But last thing I was working on was a 3d game engine I still have. I had to format and lost everything but my engine files. I can't find my MSVC cds so I pretty much just gave up.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Will do. :)

My biggest responsibility right now is finishing a project for my employer. I've been working on that for about 3 months now. It required me to learn VBA and the differences between VB6 style and VB.Net are causing me to do a lot of recoding that I wouldn't have expected from a Non-C language. I truly miss the framework!

Before that I was finishing off a another project where I had to learn VB.Net. No one wants to maintain code in a language is a efficient in. I guess it gives me additional skills to build on. Oh well... my extra time, their extra money I suppose.

I will try to IM you sometime soon. We can reminisce about the old days and I can show you a few things I did playing around with Apollo's browser.

trumpetlicks

Was wondering if you still had your version of this code, or the binary? I was thinking about setting up a VStudio environment to see if I could compile it :)

Always Thanks.