What's new

64bit Port of TR64

icepir8

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is any intrest in me porting TR64 to run as a 64bit application?

I ask this because I have upgraded my computer to an AMD64 cpu and have WinXP-64bit.

Cheers!

Icepir8 :pirate:
:tr64:

Last edited:

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
Well, I guess it's always interesting as long as the result of effort/improvements is balanced.

Pardon my ignorance but, what benefits would it have porting it?

OP
icepir8

icepir8

Maybe none. But it should be easier to impliment the 64bit mode of the MIPS chip. Also I would make the memory management easier.

Cheers!

Icepir8 :pirate:

Tene

I would be! I'd be more interested in you porting it to Linux ... But I have a Core 2 Quad, and anything x64 is good.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
I'd say go for it, if 64-bit is the future of processors the interest and the development is what has me curious. :)

Nicholas

Yes! But can you also port it to Linux? I currently run Ubuntu 64 bit so I need both a 64 bit and a Linux version. I compiled Mupen64 but have been unable to compile the plugins needed to play ROMs. Perhaps you would be able to provide a working Linux 64 bit version with 64 bit plugins.

decription

Yes! But can you also port it to Linux? I currently run Ubuntu 64 bit so I need both a 64 bit and a Linux version. I compiled Mupen64 but have been unable to compile the plugins needed to play ROMs. Perhaps you would be able to provide a working Linux 64 bit version with 64 bit plugins.
That's kind of a tall request...

Would a 64bit ports also allow it to run on multicore machine effectively? I'm a bit ignorant about how this new cores are. I know there are 64bit single cores but would running on a multi-core more be the responsibility of the OS like Vista?

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Yes... You can already take a big advantage of the multiple cores in 32-bit mode, and I believe most emulators use multiple threads, so it may indirectly relate to what your saying, since it does take more advantage of each core.

GarulfoLinux

i think that is a good thing for TR64. And i would like really to see TR64 to work on Linux :) .

Perhaps Icepir8 prepare us a gift :D ...

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Guys?
I also would like to see TR64 turnout in a 64Bit app, because I nearly have the same config icepir8 has, but this thread is more than 3 month old, so he probably already has made a decision if it would make sense to port it.
But we already digg this thread, so Icy, do have made a decision? *curiously*
Oh... we probably don't get an answer that soon, because last activitity was in june...

Last edited:

GarulfoLinux

Guys?
I also would like to see TR64 turnout in a 64Bit app, because I nearly have the same config icepir8 has, but this thread is more than 3 month old, so he probably already has made a decision if it would make sense to port it.
But we already digg this thread, so Icy, do have made a decision? *curiously*
Oh... we probably don't get an answer that soon, because last activitity was in june...
Yes perhaps but i think Icepir8 is working on TR64's port ;) .