What's new

Majora's Mask - Powder Keg License error

Mithra

Just wanna see if anyone else has run into this...

After blowing up the rock blocking the Goron race track, and even winning the race a couple of times, the big Goron who's supposed to give me my license doesn't give me the license. He gives his spiel on how to use the powder keg and where to find the race track entrance, as if I didn't just go there and blow it up with the powder keg he gave me, hence earning a permit from him to purchase powder kegs.

It's my understanding that I def need that permit to advance in the game. Has anyone else experienced this?

Iconoclast

That is weird...

I will test that sometime, but for now, one question: Have you used any GS cheats at all since you started playing the game?

OP
M

Mithra

Yeah. I hate to admit it, but I was using infinite health, items, max & double magic meter, and rupees... and that's it lol.

OP
M

Mithra

I'm not sure what GS cheats are, but those are from system > cheats... and there's that list cheats to check off.

Iconoclast

GS cheats can cause issues and bugs within the ROM's interaction to gameplay. Without them it should be interacting like it would on the actual console. Therefore, due to the use of these cheats, your save file is dirty. Don't know of a way to clean it from this kind of stuff, though. Sorry.

But hey, I use GS cheats all the time, just not usually on the actual console, only in emulation. I don't take any guilt behind it.

OP
M

Mithra

I just noticed that there's a 'have' cheat for powder kegs. I turned that on and now I can buy/use powder kegs as I please. So it looks like although cheats most likely got me into my predicament, cheats also got me out.

Thanks for looking into this though Iconoclast, I appreciate it. :D

Iconoclast

Yep. GS cheats: They can cause and fix problems.

Understandably they're too dynamic for some people, but I'm a gamer of risk...or at least a tester.