What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

How to use a "Texture Pack"? Tutorials

DDRPIP

The One and Only
nice, this needs to be stickied. hopefully no one else with ask this same question over and over.

OP
JHdD

JHdD

Tutorial Writer
Sorry for posting just didn't want to let it go to the second page :king:
Could this be a sticky this question is asked over and over! :(

mudlord

Banned
By the way, JHdD.....

Can you please link people to my build download thread instead of making repacks of old versions? If you link there, people can get access to the latest "Stable" version, as well as the debugger builds, development builds, as well as the documentation.

OP
JHdD

JHdD

Tutorial Writer
That sentence in the tutorial was made for the texturepacks on my site, because al my packages have "_" in it instead of spaces in their name (If the name of the folder in incorrect the emu won't load the textures).

CommanderLink

how do i install the Zelda CelShade mod ive used the instructions from the http://www.freewebs.com/jantarctica/texturepacks.htm done everything it told me to correctly and it just doesn't do anything..btw my version of PJ64 is 1.6 could that be a problem? oh and ive tried downloading the rice plugin from both the site and the thread here but it doesn't look like the one in the picture (it says the Rice's video plugin 6.1.1 beta but it doesnt have the - Stable part), also i see the part on step 10 appear but only for about a quarter of a second then the game loads and its normal OoT! please help, thanks.

EDIT: <sarcasm>Gee thanks for helping</sarcasm> -_- anyway i figured it out, the guy forgot to include in the tutorial put the textures in hires_texture/THE LEGEND OF ZELDA

Last edited:
OP
JHdD

JHdD

Tutorial Writer
4. Download a Texture Pack and unzip it to C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin\hires_texture\
5. Rename all the “_” for “ “

[sarcasme] Jeez what happens if you replace the _ for spaces in "the_legend_of_zelda"? [/sarcasme]

CommanderLink

4. Download a Texture Pack and unzip it to C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin\hires_texture\
5. Rename all the “_” for “ “

[sarcasme] Jeez what happens if you replace the _ for spaces in "the_legend_of_zelda"? [/sarcasme]

didn't you see what i said i already worked it out without anyones help -.-

Doommarine23

Zelda Texture Editor
Yes and No,

No because they would replace ones that they already did

Yes because you can use ones that it didn't do. (In other words, if a cell-shaded Zelda mod only did items you could use a realistic world textures mod.)

you could also mix and match em like just plop random stuff in.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
This Thread is marked for unstickying.
Could someone please create a Howto, which don't link to an outdated website and includes the links to the newest versions of glide und 1964video with some pictures? If no one volunteers, I have to do it myself, will wait some days.

shutupcanu

Can anyone confirm that the instructions in this thread are still correct four years later?

I'm using the community Ocarina of Time pack V6. Put it in the /plugin/hires_texture folder, as THE LEGEND OF ZELDA and THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA (once each, to test). It's pointed at the right directory in Settings -> Directories. I've enabled "Load hi-res textures if available" in 1964video (my understanding is that this is the continuation of Rice's, so the instructions should apply).

1964video - Nothing, plays as normal with normal textures
Rice's Daedelus - Wild texture glitches, none of them the new ones.
Glide64 - Renders 1 frame (the NINTENDO 64 logo) but nothing else.
Jabo's Direct3D 6/8 - Plays as normal, with normal textures.

Have I missed something? I've looked carefully and can't see anything that I could try differently.