What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

How to use a "Texture Pack"? Tutorials

JDub

I'm having a problem getting the OOT texture pack to load. I just started downloading emu stuff recently so everything is the latest version. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.

Project 64 1.6
Mudlords Rice video 6.1.4

I followed all the guides I could find, yes I extracted the textures to a highrez folder (had to make it), checked the name etc. Yes I enabled "use high rez" etc. Everything matches up but I get stock textures.

My only guess is that my rom has a different internal name? Under rom info it's named " THE LEGEND OF ZELDA " - with spaces surrounding it. I tried adding them to the texture folder but windows deletes them =/

My rom's CRC1 is 0xEC7010B7 and CRC2 is 0x7615D72B.

On a side note I can't adjust the Antiailiasing or AF bars ... they're greyed out.

Any help would be appreciated in tracking this down.

Camden1101

The Texture Packer
I'm having a problem getting the OOT texture pack to load. I just started downloading emu stuff recently so everything is the latest version. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.

Project 64 1.6
Mudlords Rice video 6.1.4

I followed all the guides I could find, yes I extracted the textures to a highrez folder (had to make it), checked the name etc. Yes I enabled "use high rez" etc. Everything matches up but I get stock textures.

My only guess is that my rom has a different internal name? Under rom info it's named " THE LEGEND OF ZELDA " - with spaces surrounding it. I tried adding them to the texture folder but windows deletes them =/

My rom's CRC1 is 0xEC7010B7 and CRC2 is 0x7615D72B.

On a side note I can't adjust the Antiailiasing or AF bars ... they're greyed out.

Any help would be appreciated in tracking this down.

Hmmm.... Sounds like you've done everything right. Do you have Bmglib.dll in the main emulator folder? In the plugin folder you have a folder labeled "hires_texture" correct? Which you then placed the texture pack in labeled "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA". I made a mistake once and named the folder "hires_textures" and it didn't work. Took me a while to figure something so simple out. you should check.

Also I don't think the rom matters, they all have the same internal name, unless the rom has been modified, which I don't think your case is.

travismcarthur9

I have a question about the whole windwaker texture setup for Project 64. I downloaded the 3 part pack of cell shaded textures for Ocarina of Time which was the 2011 pack. I extracted all three files which created two .DAT files. One being the THE LEGEND OF ZELDA_HIRESTEXTURES.DAT and THE LEGEND OF ZELDA_MEMORYCACHE.DAT. I put both of those files into the plugin folder and then into the cache folder. I put all of the Glide64 files after i had installed it into the plugin folder. Then I followed Djipi's guide by disabling CRC calculation. Then enabling use alpha channel fully, compress texture cache, and save texture cache to hard disk. Those were all the steps. So then, I loaded up zelda ocarina of time rom and there weren't any textures loaded. please help me. please help this noob(me) out here.

m2hca

Ok after much fiddling around I figured out how to get High Res texture packs to work on Windows 7 64bit.

Win7 doesn't allow apps to write to "Program Files" directory. So the Rice Video plugin "hires_texure" directory is actually located

PJ64 1.6:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Project64 1.6\Plugin\hires_texture

PJ64 1.7x:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Project64 1.7.0.49\plugin\GFX\hires_texture

You get the idea.
You will also find the RiceVideo.cfg and .ini files one directory up.

Hope this helps.

Frank74

Lots of people having trouble loading packs with Glide for PJ64. So here's a guide.

PJ64 2.2+:

PJGlide and SM64 example:

Pack with folders:
Project64/textures/SUPER MARIO 64

Dat:
Project64/textures/cache/SUPER MARIO 64_HIRESTEXTURES.dat

PJGlide doesn't use hires_texture directory. ROM folder goes directly in Project64/textures, .dat files in Project64/textures/cache. PJ642.2+ has a dedicated textures folder so no longer works from Plugin folder.