What's new

Panzer!!! noob helps.

tehsystem

Not quite there
Ok, so the first thing you think is "wow, its '07 and this kid wants to emulate saturn?? Lame." that's what i thought too, but hey, life's too good to not enjoy the lessons of old. and so...

I have the bins and cues of all 4 panzer discs. I downloaded Daemon 3.47, and an ISO creator, Cassini, SSF, and Satourne. But, (surprise surprise!!) I'm extremely new and do not know where to begin, so can some peeps help me plz =] ?

Just to let you know the setup, I've got (besides the bins+cues duh) the bios so i think im all set up to go. My problem is with satourne i start up the emu and it boots and goes to the CD player screen/bios home when disc isnt seen. I cant load the cue for disc 1 on daemon because of error ****Unable to mount image. cue sheet: line 1 - file not accessible****:( so im not sure what the issue is. Hope I dont sound whiney or am posting in the wrong place for help, as this subject is a much-warmed over one with newbs all the time. But I am willing to commit to this and try it on for size :nemu: , so if anyone would like to help me out i would be very appreciative. I AM REALLY STOKED OVER ACQUIRING PANZER AND WANNA PLAY SO BAAAAAADLYYY!!! so im not a heartless dude, i love the games!!!

oh and if you're lazy like me then heres the specs (my P4 sys is down atm due to mobo RMA)

733 mhz P3
320 mb pc100 sdram
nvidia geforce fx 5200 (128mb)

and that runs the boot up at 16-28 fps. not bad i guess. Well, thx for looking and helping if you can! :batman:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
First off, the contents of your CUE files are borked. Namely, the CUE doesn't point directly to the CD image.

So open the CUE file in Notepad, and it should look something like this (I've used a PSX game for reference, FYI)

FILE "Tales of Destiny II Disc 1.img" BINARY
TRACK 1 MODE2/2352
INDEX 1 00:00:00
TRACK 2 AUDIO
INDEX 1 49:51:25

The problem is that the first line which is used to define the CD image file has a path that doesn't exist or the filename doesn't match. So simply get rid of the extra so that the first line just reads FILE "myimage.ext" BINARY (of course, substitute myimage.ext with your CD image's filename). Leave the rest of the CUE data untouched. Save the changes and then make sure that the CUE file is always in the same folder as the CD image file.

The biggest problem for you is most likely the fact that your system is slow and doesn't support SSE2, ruling out SSF right off the bat (which is a shame since it's the best Saturn emulator). That leaves you with Cassini and Satourne. Cassini is next to worthless and it's compatibility is dodgy at best. Satourne is better but is not as good as SSF. So try Satourne first, and then Cassini as a desperate final measure.

Last edited:

Borisz

Pentium 3 is about five years too old for Saturn emulation. And Pentium 4 is about 3 years too old.

Only your cpu matters, so get a nice Core 2 Duo or a better Athlon X2.

OP
T

tehsystem

Not quite there
Oi!

I know I know...my mobos in the shop *BOOO!!!!:saddam: * so I'm out of the P4 picture until the RMA goes through.

Ok, so I tried your suggestion and theres no go so far. Heres what I did 1) I opened up the cue file, found I liked the name in there, so I changed the name of the panzer bin file to the one in the cue file. ok. 2) then I put them both in the same directory in my Satourne folder, on C: 3) so, I loaded it up and still the same cd player and config screen. Some info I forgot to mention which may help, ive got the v1.01 US bios ------ heres the pic http://ssftribute.emuunlim.com/jbios.jpg ----- and im only using just that 1 bios even though satourne asks for an

a) saturn bios path
b) action replay bios path
c) STV bios path
and d) and STV Roms path

Im not using ROMS:matrix: , so I didnt include the bios paths. and the size of my bios is 512kb. sorry this is turning out to be wierd, so im trying my best to give ya all the info ya need and thx much for the help :bouncy: