What's new

Vista x64 problem

deltatux

Hey y'all, my friend just recently upgraded his machine to Vista x64, however Project64 has been glitching on him whenever he launches a game. The screen will start to flash and stutter. Is it a known problem? If so, how do I go in fixing it? Do I just run it in a compatibility layer?

Dell XPS M1710
Intel Core 2 Duo
Windows Vista X64 Ultimate

Thanks,
deltatux

the master 123

I'm aware of that, However the emualtion in vista may use may be based upon vista 32 not xp 32 os which could lead to problems.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
yes, it could also be that UAC or DEP are causing issues, or you need to elevate permissions when running PJ64.

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
Sulotion:
Get rid of Vista and then reinstall it in a year. Microsoft will probably have fixed the most crucial bugs by then.
If you're lucky will most of the hardware manufacturers probably have some decent drivers out by that time too.

It's not like I think Vista sucks or anything. :whistling

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
if you upgraded from xp you need to reinstall pj64 besuase of all the moving the upgrades does

Dockery

Sulotion:
Get rid of Vista and then reinstall it in a year. Microsoft will probably have fixed the most crucial bugs by then.
If you're lucky will most of the hardware manufacturers probably have some decent drivers out by that time too.

It's not like I think Vista sucks or anything. :whistling

It's funny how I have not had a single problem with Vista (and I even run x64), yet you and many others continually say there are problems with it and to wait a year before adopting it.

What bugs?

There aren't any decent drivers? Then explain why my system runs great on standard drivers from the manufactor.

Hmm... unbased bias perhaps?

squall_leonhart

as someone who actually worked on the vista beta... i have a great number of reasons to tell you it sucks.

but theres no point, as stupid people, who have no idea about the rights they are losing, or the functionality they are losing, don't bother stepping up to prevent companies like MS from continually raping them in the arse.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
In your opinion, maybe. The only rights we're losing is when we view HD movies in HD-DVD or Blu-ray, and so far there are very few who does.
Vista isn't exacly an angel, but it doesn't outright suck either.

squall_leonhart

its not just my opinion.

news and fact has it that droves of people who upgraded to vista are returning to xp as they are neither impressed... and some are even downright pissed off.