What's new

FB notification consistancy...

Legend

Just thought I’d put a list here showing where FB notification is working and where it appears it is not working so far. Since it looks like Hacks is continuing on Mupen, hopefully he can make this great system better-as it’s the only working FB notification system that works. This is a list a games that use FB effects perfectly in Glide64 when "Read every Frame" is activated, which therotically should all work with Mupen when simply "Get FB info" is on and not "Read every frame". "Read every frame" is slow and not really worth having on. There's alot of other games that I don't have and can't test so maybe others can add to the list. The Glide64 compatablity list shows all the games that have FB effects shown when using "Read every frame" and thus should also be detected when having only the option "Get FB info" in Mupen.

Working:
Beetle Adventure (car reflections only with the new Glide64)
Mario Kart (monitor)
Perfect Dark (pause screen)
F-zero (menu screen transistions)
Dr.Mario (pieces)
Banjo Kazooie (puzzle pieces)

Not Working:
1080 Snowboarding (monitor)
Castlevania 1 (character selection screens)
Castlevania 2 (character selection screens)

ziggy

Interesting, what version of mupen are you using Legend ? Under linux, I'm using 0.5 and the option "get framebuffer info" used to never work until I fix something. Maybe the win32 version has been already fixed, or on the contrary the bug didn't exist in an earlier version ?

OP
Legend

Legend

Not Working
Mario Golf (post shot screen transition)
Works fine but slow with "Read every frame" but nothing with "Get FB info".

Last edited: