What's new

Super Mario 64 and beam of light in Peaches caste...

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
In the first room in Peaches castle you are ment to see a beam of light coming down from the ceiling, but I see nothing.

I fixed it once but I dont remember how!
I dont know what plugin it was but I think it was the Jabo plugins.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Inorigi no Yume

Dream of the Fayth
Have you made sure you've collected at least 10 stars? If you haven't collected at least 10 (or maybe it's 11 or 12), you won't see the beam of light, and therefore won't get access to the Wing Cap Switch Palace. Also, if you've already activated the Wing Cap switch, the beam of light no longer shines down.

However, if you've satisfied the requirements and have not yet activated the switch, I don't know what it could be.

OP
HShadow

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
Could someone post a pic on PJ64 with the light coming down and tell me what settings/plugin they used to get it please.

I tried using the cheat option to get stars and still dont see it. Also I have not activated anything in my proper game save, but I do have 10+ stars and still see nothing!

Thanks all.

ggab

Emutalk Member
Ajax's qoute from www.emuxhaven.net/forums/showpost.php?p=75412&postcount=9

hrmm thats funny, no problem for me. I went ahead and got 14 stars susing Glide64++ and Ziggy's RC4 wrapper, and I got the sunbeam just fine.

Also check out the "3" Star on the door, it doesant seem to be affected by the light beam, this could just be the game, or maybe the wrapper/plugin/emulator is involved.

And for the record, I'm using the Default settings for both Glide 64 and the wrapper. My compy specs are:
Radeon X800 GTO
Athlon XP 2500+
1.5GB DDR ram