What's new

Pokemon Snap: Pictures taken unviewable? Can this be fixed?

pokemaniac

The entire game functions fine EXCEPT after levels and or when viewing the gallery, the pictures that have been taken are represented by black boxes rather than the actual pictures... It makes picking out the one that will score higher as well as simply enjoying the pictures impossible...

Has there been a fix for this in the past?

I'm currently running:
PJ64 1.6
Jabo Direct 3D8 1.6 Plugin
Triple Buffer Vsync
Ansiotropic filter 16X
Full-scene Antialiasing: 4X
Brightness 100%
Super2xSal Textures: Check
Always use texture filter: Check
(in other words all settings max and all boxes checked)...
Currently NO Advanced Graphic settings turned on...

I'm unable to find a version with the rom itself...

My thanks in advance!

OP
P

pokemaniac

only do this when viewing the photo album.

and it is fixed in 1.7

You are telling me... Even with a super computer it brings the game from 60fps to 30fps... Not to mention it doesn't seem to help unless I turn off Antialiasing 4x...

And as far as a fix, are you talking PJ64 1.7 or Jabo 3D plugin 1.7? and can you please provide a link to whichever it is that I need to update so I can enjoy my Pokemon Snap without slaughtering the frame rate and also has caused 2 PJ64 crashes... Thanks!!!

mudlord

Banned
You are telling me... Even with a super computer it brings the game from 60fps to 30fps... Not to mention it doesn't seem to help unless I turn off Antialiasing 4x...

Yes, Jabo implemented hardware framebuffer emulation for this effect in 1.7 :). So it will work on any video card that supports Jabo's plugin, with antialiasing, with zero speed loss.

Legend

Well, if you don't want to spend 20$ (though I recommend it) you can use Glide64. You can get the latest Glide64 and the wrapper you'll need from my sig. You need to use the shortcut key combo (alt+v) to enable a feature called "Read every frame" when viewing pictures and then turn it off again when done (its makes the game kinda slow). Give that a shot and see if it's not too much of a hassle. You might just be able to play the game with it always on-depends on the computer somewhat.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Yes, Jabo implemented hardware framebuffer emulation for this effect in 1.7 :). So it will work on any video card that supports Jabo's plugin, with antialiasing, with zero speed loss.

actually thats wrong, there is a 5-10% speed hit, you have to increase the cpu priority to balance it out

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Speed hit? My game is running more than 3 times faster than it should be (with Speed Limit off) when viewing the card album.

squall_leonhart

you have a C2D to balance it out, its definitely up to 10% slower for me.. and thats during the level itself :/

Ballistix

Sorry for the bump, but I'm having the same problem. I can't view the pictures after taking them, and the red dot doesn't appear. I tried downloading the Glide plugin, but either I didn't install it correctly, or it isn't working. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

My specs are:

-Windows Xp, Home Edition.
-Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz
-512Mb of RAM
-Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics controller.

If you need any more info, just ask.

Thanks. =]

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Your Intel graphics chip is most likely the problem. It also explains why Glide64 doesn't work for you.

squall_leonhart

Sorry for the bump, but I'm having the same problem. I can't view the pictures after taking them, and the red dot doesn't appear. I tried downloading the Glide plugin, but either I didn't install it correctly, or it isn't working. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

your not searching the damn forums is what your not doing.... its been said time and time again, that camera activated events DON'T WORK

Last edited:

GWXCORE

i signed up just so i can post this.

i use the current free project64-jabodirect3d8 1.6 with copy framebuffer to rdram on and it works perfect. not sure about my video card the comp is a dell and with framebuffer off its full speed but on its about 1/2 to 2/3 speed. this was to let the people with problems know what i did to fix it. thank you that is all.