What's new

Z64 - a LLE graphics plugin

DarkLight

Is this Z64 project dead? Will someone else continue Ziggy's work since he has disappeared?
I got the files from Ziggy's original post: Glew32, Z64 r17 and his modified PJ64 RSP r4.
I guess those are still the most recent.

Edit: I did find a glew32 1.7.0 update in this thread, which makes it considerably faster. Thx to ExtremeDude2's post #438.
I guess that's the highest version that will work with it...

Last edited:

Predator82

With my new system world driver championship runs almost @ fullspeed but with a couple of graphic-bugs
Has noone time and possibilities to fix some of these
Dual-core support were good too
Thanks

angrylion

Predator82, this build of z64gl r17 removes most texture glitches in World Driver Championship and Stunt Racer 64 by basically disabling LOD emulation, which is wrong in z64 anyway. So you only have seams between triangles and the Sun shining where it shouldn't now. The modified source file, rgl_rendermode.cpp is included. Attachments don't work in this forum once again:(
http://ompldr.org/vZmIydw/z64-r17-zerolodfrac.rar

Last edited:

angrylion

I didn't even start to "work" on this plugin, nor did I plan to. Your remark about graphics bugs in WDC just reminded me of an idea that had crossed my mind like two years ago, the idea that texture corruption in WDC was caused by faulty emulation of mipmapping. So I quickly threw out this build which required only a few minimal changes.

Predator82

Is the included *.dll a replacement for the rsp or the plugin?
Get an sdl error in both ways

Edit: Got it but ...

In race:

- the sun flare / lights flickers through textures
- the street now looks cutted
- some flickering between textures
- a little speedup

In menü / intro:

- banners look right
- street looks right

Other:

- sdl.dll is now needed

My conf (may there is something wrong): Download

Last edited:

angrylion

>Is the included *.dll a replacement for the rsp or the plugin?

RDP or "graphics plugin".

>- the street now looks awful

Post a screenshot please.

Last edited:

angrylion

Indeed, the road is broken with these changes, I didn't notice this before. It's impossible to fix both the road and corrupted textures without fundamental changes to z64, because z64 cannot properly calculate per-pixel "LOD fraction". So you can choose what you would prefer: glitching road with my build or glitching billboards and trees with the official z64.