What's new

Z64 - a LLE graphics plugin

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Set RSP CPU Method to Interpreter (in debugging menu). It can get in game, though the easiest way is to save state with Jabos then load state.

Pokemon Snap works well in 1.6 with the RSPrecomp plugin, still core issues though.

Not tested any of the others on the list, but that method should work for a few more that get that error.

Trotterwatch, with (edited)Battle for Naboo(edited), the only way to even get to the N-Logo is to have it in interpreter mode.

and it still crashes... and thats with Jabo's plugin.. so i think the issue is with this version of the rom and PJ 64 1.7

hmm

rom name 'Battle for Naboo'
key 'res_x' value 1024
key 'res_y' value 768
key 'fs_res_x' value 1024
key 'fs_res_y' value 768
key 'hires_fb' value 1
key 'force_swap' value 0
key 'no_npot_fbos' value 1
key 'fb_info' value 0
key 'threaded' value 1
key 'async' value 0
section 'ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK'
section 'MAJORA'S MASK'
section 'Banjo-Kazooie'
section 'BANJO KAZOOIE 2'
section 'BANJO TOOIE'
section 'MARIOKART64'
section 'ZELDA MASTER QUEST'
section 'THE LEGEND OF ZELDA'
section 'Beetle Adventure Rac'
section 'Stunt Racer 64'
section 'Perfect Dark'
section 'Resident Evil II'
section 'rogue squadron'
section 'MarioGolf64'
section 'Blast Corps'
viewportOffset 20
fix hend
fix hend
creating fbo 71b800 320x239 (1024x1024) fmt 0
Creating depth buffer 0 1024 x 1024
creating fbo 5f6000 320x239 (1024x1024) fmt 0
Creating depth buffer 71b800 1024 x 1024
creating fbo 61b800 320x239 (1024x1024) fmt 0
creating fbo 6b3000 640x479 (2048x2048) fmt 0
Creating depth buffer 71b800 2048 x 2048
creating fbo 749000 640x479 (1024x1024) fmt 0
Redimensionning buffer
creating fbo 6b3000 640x479 (1024x1024) fmt 0
creating fbo 6ad800 400x447 (1024x1024) fmt 0
creating fbo 556000 400x447 (1024x1024) fmt 0
Creating depth buffer 6ad800 1024 x 1024
creating fbo 5ad800 400x447 (1024x1024) fmt 0
z64 assert failed (rgl.cpp : 1278) : nbChunks < MAX_RENDER_CHUNKS

Last edited:

gandalf

Member ready to help
This plug-in it´s getting better and better :D now i can see rogue squadron working :)

With the latest release, only with the plug-ins incluided (the rsp and the video) works fine, but crashes at some point in some games, and the sound doesn´t work in PJ64 1.6 at least (with jabo´s and zilmar i tested, with zilmar crashes the emu)

Great job Ziggy :)

OP
Z

ziggy

Battle for Naboo : add a section with this rom name (exactly with the same case), and set "force_swap=1", it should fix the problem.

OP
Z

ziggy

New version R15 with more combiners things (improvements visible in particular in Mario Tennis (get rid of some black block), Mario Golf (the grass) and PGA European Tour (the sky)) and fixes usage of tile #7 (see Supercross 2000)

EDIT : The remaining horizontal artifacts in Bakuretsu Muteki Bangaioh seem gone since around R13 at the expense of somewhat slower emulation in that game.

Last edited:

The Siskoo

Emulator : 1964 0.9.9
Plugins : z64gl r15, project64 rsp r4 / z64gl rsp r15

Dark Rift (E) : I made a quick test, with project64 rsp r4 is almost playable (Slow). With z64gl rsp r15, the game crash after the second logo.

Nintama Rantarou 64 Game Gallery (J) [!] --> GFX are messed with r15. With r14, 30 FPS, glitches in game, thin line on the menu screen. (See the pic page 25 )
I just tested Supercross, that's beautifull. Need more speed and it will be perfect.
About Bakurestsu, it's close to be perfect. Speed are good. I've got a last artefact (some thin lines in game).

Btw, congrats ziggy, great progress to each new release. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
OP
Z

ziggy

Plugins : z64gl r15, project64 rsp r4 / z64gl rsp r15

Dark Rift (E) : I made a quick test, with project64 rsp r4 is almost playable (Slow). With z64gl rsp r15, the game crash after the second logo.
Interesting ... I'm surprised it's slow, Dark Rift is one of the fastest game for me. Maybe you've set the "Interpreter" option in the RSP plugin by mistake ?

Nintama Rantarou 64 Game Gallery (J) [!] --> GFX are messed with r15. With r14, 30 FPS, glitches in game, thin line on the menu screen. (See the pic page 25 )
Could you show me exactly how the gfx are messed ? I didn't notice anything particular ... Did you try Mischief Makers ? (there might be something similar there)

The Siskoo

Interesting ... I'm surprised it's slow, Dark Rift is one of the fastest game for me. Maybe you've set the "Interpreter" option in the RSP plugin by mistake ?)
Damn, you're right. My fault ^^. So 2 news games playable with 1964 0.9.9 (E and U version).
Could you show me exactly how the gfx are messed ? I didn't notice anything particular ... Did you try Mischief Makers ? (there might be something similar there)
RSP was on Interpreter. So, that's cool. No changes since the last release (r14) for this game.

Bakuretsu (with rsp recompiler :p), is good except a slight shaking of the screen in game.

Supercross runs slowly, but GFX seems good.

Mario Tennis have some slowndowns (for the replay) with RSP r4

Mortal Kombat 4 (E) and (U) [!] --> GFX messed (pic 1).

Mortal Kombat Mythologies - Sub-Zero (E) [!] --> GFX Messed (pic 2).

MRC - Multi Racing Championship (E) [!] --> GFX messed (pic 3).

Always the same problem with Project64 when you launch 2 games, emu close.

Last edited:

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
Hydro Thunder (E) [!] crashes after some seconds in the intro race.
Extreme-G (E) [!] graphics are messed up (looks like a z-buffer error) in the first race after the intro race.
Extreme-G XG2 (E) [!] shadows and water textures in the 1. intro race are messed up.

OP
Z

ziggy

Extreme-G (E) [!] graphics are messed up (looks like a z-buffer error) in the first race after the intro race.
Yes I noticed this problem. It's a strange bug I didn't understand yet. At the moment you can fix it by switching fullscreen/windowed.

Extreme-G XG2 (E) [!] shadows and water textures in the 1. intro race are messed up.
Indeed, it's a texture format I didn't support. I think I fixed it, it will be in next release.

Thanks for the report !

grand master said:
Great work. Your plugin is coming along very nicely. What are your plans for developing the plugin?
I have a very rough TODO list, but I also fix things as they come along. Some of the thing I plan to (at least try to) do

- better depth handling (detection, depth buffer format) , this will require a bit of rewriting to do things really cleanly

- optimizing the RSP recompiler. It's already pretty good in my opinion, but Zilmar thinks it could be even more fast than that, so I'll have a look since it's really the bootleneck at the moment.

- handling asynchronously the RSP and the main CPU , allowing to have them emulated in separate threads. I already had a look at this problem a bit, it's not simple, and will probably require to modify the core emulators as well. The benefit should be huge on multicore processors.

- Same for the RDP which could be emulated also separately. It should be more simple to do, yet I had no luck so far, I must be missing something obvious. Also I don't expect this to yield great performances increase compared to the point above, but it's worth trying anyway.

The Siskoo

Plugins : z64gl r15, z64-rsp r15, pj64 rsp r4
In-Fisherman Bass Hunter 64 (U) [!] --> with z64-rsp r15 = 26-28 Vi/s, with pj64 rsp r4 = 18-19 Vi/s in-game
Jeopardy! (U) [!] --> slowndowns (use RSP r15, with pj64rsp r4, it's more slow).
Jangou Simulation Mahjong Do 64 (J) [!] --> GFX messed on this screen (pic 1),slowndowns (tested with 2 rsp).

Last edited:
OP
Z

ziggy

Plugins : z64gl r15, z64-rsp r15, pj64 rsp r4
In-Fisherman Bass Hunter 64 (U) [!] --> with z64-rsp r15 = 26-28 Vi/s, with pj64 rsp r4 = 18-19 Vi/s in-game
Jeopardy! (U) [!] --> slowndowns (use RSP r15, with pj64rsp r4, it's more slow).
You sure you're not using the "Interpreter" option again ? The first game is pretty fast for me, didn't try the second ...

The Siskoo

You sure you're not using the "Interpreter" option again ? The first game is pretty fast for me, didn't try the second ...
Damn, it was again on "Interpreter". It was changed by "Recompiler" since your last advice 0_o. Anyway, with "Recompiler", the game crash few seconds after starting the game. No more slowdowns with Jeopardy (always GFX problems) and Jangou.

Plugins : z64gl r15, z64-rsp r15, pj rsp r4

Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr. --> GFX Messed (pic 1 --> rsp15), (pic 2 --> pj64 rsp r4)
Last Legion UX (J) [!] --> screen shaking (tested with both rsp)
Super Bowling 64 (J) [!] --> black box around the the logo (pic 3) and missing gfx on the right parts of the screen (pic 4)

Last edited:

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
Weird problem. Was going to post up some issues regarding Super Mario and
Super Smash Bros (U) as they had Flicker probs last night. Went in today to get some screens and the flicker is gone.

OP
Z

ziggy

Weird problem. Was going to post up some issues regarding Super Mario and
Super Smash Bros (U) as they had Flicker probs last night. Went in today to get some screens and the flicker is gone.

Maybe you computer needed some rest too :)

The Siskoo said:
Damn, it was again on "Interpreter". It was changed by "Recompiler" since your last advice 0_o. Anyway, with "Recompiler", the game crash few seconds after starting the game.
Ok, the crash should be gone in the next release of Z64. It's not a crash by the way (at least in theory), just a special situation that causes the whole emulator to exit (again some leftover debugging code in the win32 version).

LuckyDearly

Interesting plugin but I ran into a problem, everytime I try to run a rom the emulator gives a message saying it has encountered an error and must shutdown

I use Project64 1.6

plugins are z64gl (video), jabo's directsound 1.6 (audio), and jabo's directinput7 1.6

The Siskoo

Ok, the crash should be gone in the next release of Z64. It's not a crash by the way (at least in theory), just a special situation that causes the whole emulator to exit (again some leftover debugging code in the win32 version).
I believe you ^^ Need to wait to testing :)
Interesting plugin but I ran into a problem, everytime I try to run a rom the emulator gives a message saying it has encountered an error and must shutdown

I use Project64 1.6

plugins are z64gl (video), jabo's directsound 1.6 (audio), and jabo's directinput7 1.6
Have you made this.
- with Project64, you need to rename the plugin "RSP.dll". Don't forget to backup your original RSP.dll plugin (that is the one provided by the core emulator) before doing that Indeed, the RSP plugins I'm providing won't work with other standard HLE video plugins.

OP
Z

ziggy

Please specify what is your hardware and OS. This is common sense when doing a bug report.